Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Owners Forum > Outerlimits
36,37,39 Rides >

36,37,39 Rides

Notices

36,37,39 Rides

Old 08-10-2016, 11:20 AM
Registered

Received 62 Likes on 36 Posts

There are a couple trip boats for sale. Friend of mine has a triple 525 boat it will run high 90's wot.
Old 08-15-2016, 01:08 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 32fever
I guess I'm more curious about how they ride at 65-85 mph where you'd cruise in 2-4'ers. Is the 39 a lot better than the 37 there? Is the 42 a lot better than the 39? How does the 36 compare with any of them? I'd assume the worst ride just due to the shortest and lightest, but maybe not.

If I ever purchased a 42, I' be one to go for the triple 525's over big power. I want to go boating, not pay a mechanic
Bigger is always better and smoother.
Old 08-15-2016, 08:46 PM
Registered

Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts

If you were to buy a boat of that caliber why would triple nightmare headache with xr's! Go staggered with 6's.. staggered is much easier to work on and your not breaking a 6 unless you have to much power or you can't drive!
Old 08-15-2016, 08:48 PM
Registered

Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts

If you were to buy a boat of that caliber why would you buy a triple nightmare headache with xr's! Go staggered with 6's.. staggered is much easier to work on and your not breaking a 6 unless you have to much power or you can't drive!
Old 08-16-2016, 03:22 PM
Registered

Received 19 Likes on 8 Posts

Not all triples are nightmares. I've had both style boats. Triples, twins, twins staggered.
It's all about the maintenance and how you drive them. Had a Triple and did new N/A 675 hp motors all new parts, everything done the best way or parts I could find to have done from carbs to pan to pumps, to drive components. Boat gave me almost 10 years of trouble free service!
I have had a few twins but the latest one I did the same exact thing took it all apart and put the best parts I could find at everything, replaced all pumps and filters, so far so good trouble free boating!
There is the stigma of bad about triple boats, I dont know if I'd agree 100%. I do love my current setup though
Old 08-16-2016, 04:38 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 591 Likes on 271 Posts

As long as you don't lose a drive running WOT and captain does not even notice due to still running strong= death to center motor too lol.
Old 08-16-2016, 07:28 PM
Registered

Received 19 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by Quinlan
As long as you don't lose a drive running WOT and captain does not even notice due to still running strong= death to center motor too lol.
Hmmm guess that goes back to what I said "maintenance and how you drive them" If your to stupid to not watch a gauge or not feel yourself slow down or not hear a motor on a rev limiter or feel something funny going on. No one can help you but yourself at that point. I can promise you all the things listed above happen, it doesn't just keep going like nothing happened, I have blown a center drive in rough water before I did all the work to my Triple.
Why would you have boat motors with out rev limiters to start with?

Just another reason how and why people have these opinions of triples. I'd say less than 3% of the people who bash them ever owned one or for that matter rode in one. Yet there all experts and throw there .02 cents in on something they know nothing about.
Old 08-16-2016, 08:15 PM
Charter Member
Charter Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by JJ30
If you were to buy a boat of that caliber why would triple nightmare headache with xr's! Go staggered with 6's.. staggered is much easier to work on and your not breaking a 6 unless you have to much power or you can't drive!
Because I don't want to spend $20k+ to tear down 1200 hp motors every 75-150 hours. I don't do my own mechanic work. I want to put in fuel and change the oil and sun my cheeks on a beach I drove 80 mph to get to. We get 3 months of boating. If I wanted to work on motors, I'd buy a race car and do it in an air conditioned garage and road race or auto cross instead. I may not have to touch drives on a #6, but Bravos are pretty reliable if you don't beat them out of the hole or off plane. The money I spend on my boat now to keep running and repair things is all I care to spend if I can help it. Bravos are fine for me, and I'll run 4 blade props to take it easier on the torque. I don't need to do 120. 90 mph all day long with nothing breaking is just fine.
Old 08-17-2016, 05:17 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 591 Likes on 271 Posts

Originally Posted by hustlerguy
Hmmm guess that goes back to what I said "maintenance and how you drive them" If your to stupid to not watch a gauge or not feel yourself slow down or not hear a motor on a rev limiter or feel something funny going on. No one can help you but yourself at that point. I can promise you all the things listed above happen, it doesn't just keep going like nothing happened, I have blown a center drive in rough water before I did all the work to my Triple.
Why would you have boat motors with out rev limiters to start with?

Just another reason how and why people have these opinions of triples. I'd say less than 3% of the people who bash them ever owned one or for that matter rode in one. Yet there all experts and throw there .02 cents in on something they know nothing about.

That's pretty much what happened to him.
Then the boat got Stolen- Go Figure - Some people just cant deal with it the Right way- Worthless