2001 37 stiletto twin 575 sci

Notices

2001 37 stiletto twin 575 sci

Old 09-03-2016, 07:47 AM
Charter Member
Charter Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by drpete3
Best cabin in a boat that size. 37 Ol is a great boat but remember you cant compare to todays OL this is 15 yo technology.
I actually would like to know a comparison. By that I mean, if you were to buy a 37' for $120k, how does that compare to a 39 Quattro for $170k and how would that compare to a 36SL or 41SL for 250k+(depending on you perspective since the 37 falls in between). What has the technology done? There really is not a lot of detailed info out there that I have seen.

I think it would be awesome to ride on various hulls in the same conditions all in one day to really feel the differences in what that technology has done. So, I actually would like to compare them. I've never been on any OL other than a 37 to know.
Old 09-03-2016, 09:08 AM
Brotherhood #1
Gold Member

Received 111 Likes on 84 Posts

A friend has a 700 staggered 6 boat on trailer for the same money.
Old 09-04-2016, 09:48 PM
Registered

Can't go wrong with a 37, they are great boats!! OL doesn't build anything comparable today, their cabins keep getting smaller. Stiletto has an awesome mix of luxury and performance.

I will be listing mine for sale sometime this week. Haven't settled on a price yet, but it will be a deal. Currently has 5 hours on it since Chief freshened my motors, installed new sweptback XRs, new transom assemblies and new driveshafts. Basically a new boat.

This is a pic I snapped the day we did the test run with Tommy.

Old 09-06-2016, 10:56 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by richanton
Can't go wrong with a 37, they are great boats!! OL doesn't build anything comparable today, their cabins keep getting smaller. Stiletto has an awesome mix of luxury and performance.

I will be listing mine for sale sometime this week. Haven't settled on a price yet, but it will be a deal. Currently has 5 hours on it since Chief freshened my motors, installed new sweptback XRs, new transom assemblies and new driveshafts. Basically a new boat.

This is a pic I snapped the day we did the test run with Tommy.

Don't do it Rich!! You will miss Incognito more than you know. Besides, I may be putting mine on the market in the next couple of weeks and I don't need competition from Incognito!! Thomas
Old 09-06-2016, 12:04 PM
Registered

Thomas, good to hear from you my friend! Hope all is well. I hear ya, believe me it's bittersweet but I thinks it's time for someone else to enjoy her.
Old 09-06-2016, 01:21 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by richanton
Thomas, good to hear from you my friend! Hope all is well. I hear ya, believe me it's bittersweet but I thinks it's time for someone else to enjoy her.
Just noticed this in your pic......did you finally put that polished up trailer in salt?
Old 09-06-2016, 02:50 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by 32fever
I actually would like to know a comparison. By that I mean, if you were to buy a 37' for $120k, how does that compare to a 39 Quattro for $170k and how would that compare to a 36SL or 41SL for 250k+(depending on you perspective since the 37 falls in between). What has the technology done? There really is not a lot of detailed info out there that I have seen.

I think it would be awesome to ride on various hulls in the same conditions all in one day to really feel the differences in what that technology has done. So, I actually would like to compare them. I've never been on any OL other than a 37 to know.
http://speedonthewater.com/new-boats...JkaW9yaW8ncyJd

In terms of speed there is a huge difference. Now this isnt exactly apples to apples but my boat is an 85 mph boat w 700's side by side and full scx's. Im sure I could get to 90 and maybe 95 w messing w props and prop height but his 41 was 115 w staggered 700s and Nxts. Thats one thing the new tech has acheived. Speed! Now granted its a much shorter cabin and a much lighter boat so maybe. Again Maybe, its not as good in rough water.

With all of that said. I love my boat and will not pay 3-400k for a 41 becasue the improvements are not important to me. And thats what its all about isnt it? Having the boat you love and the reasons you love it.
Old 09-06-2016, 02:52 PM
Registered

Wow guys, Those are two nice 37s that are coming to market! Good luck Rich and Thomas

Last edited by drpete3; 09-06-2016 at 03:09 PM.
Old 09-06-2016, 04:53 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 593 Likes on 273 Posts

My advice would be to pull the thermostat housings and peek- Will give a good sign of rest of water passages.
Old 09-06-2016, 08:51 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by TCBoss302
Just noticed this in your pic......did you finally put that polished up trailer in salt?
Yup, had to do it. Dealing with the marina launches got to be a pain. The polish on the trailer actually still looks good! I wash trailer asap with soap and water and give it a thorough rinse with salt-away after every dunk.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.