Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Owners Forum > Pantera
Miss PatriYacht returns .......... >

Miss PatriYacht returns ..........

Notices

Miss PatriYacht returns ..........

Old 07-25-2005, 08:56 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Miss PatriYacht returns ..........

i forgot to ask jo today but how much rpm do you turn the motor at w.o.t. and what gas are you running ?
Attached Thumbnails Miss PatriYacht returns ..........-28twin_05_011.jpg  
Old 07-26-2005, 11:13 AM
Registered

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts

Speed Buff,

She turns approx 5450 w/ a stk 28 B1 prop at 80mph 1/4 tank 2 people & decen't conditions. She's capable of more but I never got my hands on a 30 B1. (didn't feel like shelling out $900 if I was going to sell her) I did a back to back test w/ a labbed 29 B1 (made from a 28) but even though throttle response improved the engine had to turn approx 300+ rpm in order to reach the same speed as the stk 28 (like 79mph @ 5600rpm) . The 28 is a good all around prop but I bet a 30 or labbed 30 would show a decent improvement.

Sterling set the rev limiter @ 5600rpm but I've never been on it. The motor came w/ a 56 upper blower pulley & was estimated to be making around 3lbs boost (gage wasn't funtioning properly at the time) Currently it has a 54 on it which is the most you can change (-2 teeth) w/o having to reprogram the EFI. With a new gage & hose it puts out about 5lbs of boost @ WOT which is still very conservative. There is a 55 pulley also, so all 3 are included w/ the boat. Sterling recommends 89 octane but we only have 93 here so thats all she's ever had in her.

The same KE 675 is capable of putting out 825hp w/ the addition of an intercooler, pulley change & EFI reprogramming. All the internals are fully capable of handling the additional 100+ hp, I just didn't really want a scoop.

If you'd like to speak directly to Mike D'Annibale @ Sterling (owner / president) let me know & I'll put you in touch w/ him.

Michael
Old 07-26-2005, 02:22 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 135 Likes on 64 Posts

NICE BOAT! And tastefully done! I'm sure someone will snatch that up in short order! A real beauty!!!!
Old 07-26-2005, 07:38 PM
Registered

american express, thanks for the motor info.
Old 07-27-2005, 01:19 PM
Registered

Oh for gods sakes, that just about the most perfect 28 foot boat every built!!!
Old 07-28-2005, 08:06 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Boat looks awesome Michael! Too bad you're selling her. Good luck with the new job.

Ron
Old 07-28-2005, 08:21 AM
Registered

Thanks Ron. Sounds like you've been enjoying yours hooking up w/ others in your area.
Old 07-28-2005, 09:21 AM
Registered

Speed- for what it's worth, your wife will probably be all over that boat. My wife loves our 28 and we bought it from Mike (VonBopngo) in a similar way, one yr old, 40 hours on it.

I've brought up going back to a cat, or perhaps 32-35 V with twins but every time I do I get the "look".

She loves the cabin, ride, bang for the buck, large hatch for laying out. It's rare that I do, but I can put tabs down, tuck the drive and hold 20 on gps easy for a tube or wakweboard too. Just a great all around boat.
Old 07-28-2005, 01:02 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Paint, oh my goddness why would anyone want to do that. The PatriYachtic graphics are just perfect, as is the name Michael sorry to hear you are selling the boat. Did you change companies, I thought you liked not traveling any longer. Donna
Old 07-28-2005, 05:12 PM
Registered

Donna,

I appreciate the kind words but as much as I may have liked my weekends off I wasn't happy overall. It just didn't end up being a good fit. I've returned to Hendrick Mspts where I worked for 11yrs previously. It's home & I know that now more than ever, something I wouldn't have known unless I pursued that opportunity.

Things happen for a reason!

Quick Reply: Miss PatriYacht returns ..........

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.