new Pantera owner >

new Pantera owner

Notices

new Pantera owner

Old 10-13-2005, 08:32 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default new Pantera owner

Thanks for the responses over the past few months on my questions about "Uncivilized", a 1999 28' Pantera with t-502's. After lengthy surveys, compression and leak down tests, I purchased the boat in Late August. Unfortunately it was the weekend of Katrina and have only had one oppurtunity to take the boat out. I've only operated a 25 foot single Baja and I must say the ride of the Pantera left me speechless. I got just over 76 mph on the GPS and the handling was incredible. I was hoping on some tips about trimming the drives and tab settings from other 28 owners to maybe tweak another mph or two.
Old 10-13-2005, 10:14 PM
Registered

Default Re: new Pantera owner

congrats !!! post a picture when you have a chance.
Old 10-14-2005, 10:28 AM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Congratulatins on you purchace! As you seem to have already figured out you will not be disapointed with the quailty of your boat. and you will not be dissapointed with the support you will get on this board. Welcome aboard!
Old 10-14-2005, 11:04 AM
Registered

sands3827,

Great to have you as a Pantera owner. If I can help you with anything on your 28' feel free to call or email me here at the factory [email protected]

You should be running right around 80 MPH on GPS.Obviously fuel, water conditions, passenger load, condition of running gear, driver experience, will all factor in to your top end. Do you run the boat in fresh or salt water ?? We built that boat originally for Dale Castle from Ohio who was very good taking care of the boat.He comes on this board from time to time.

Shoot me an email or call me and I will give you some pointers when I have some free time.

Enjoy the boat.

JO - Pantera Boats
Attached Thumbnails new Pantera owner-dale-castle-28.jpg  

Last edited by JO - PANTERABOATS; 10-14-2005 at 11:06 AM.
Old 10-15-2005, 04:37 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

As usual Jo is there to help out all Pantera owners

Great job!!

Congratulations on the boat sands
Old 10-15-2005, 04:00 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

mr. castles old boat, very sharp. where is it going? i saw it at lakefront a few months ago wondered how long it would sit there
Old 10-17-2005, 12:45 AM
Registered

congrats sands, maybe if your here on the west end of lake erie you, and i do not sell my boat, you will run into VERTIGO, lookout, Joey maybe you can send a buyer my way, you know there are no issues with my boat,other than i do not use it enough, 87hrs in five seasons, it proved itself back in late july against the 36ft cig- gladiator( dynamic fire), twin Zuls 572/ 750 staggered, he blew one of them, barely pulling away from me, at my rack marina later, a guy in the gladiator said they were at 96-98mph, i figure i was going at least 94mph , sticks not all the way, wish you could throttle the mighty VERTIGO, Joey, Carl and Clayt and LUKOVICH really built some killer engines and you a great hull, very predictable, always, a rocket-sled on rails , you know the animal , LAKE ERIE, HOW FAST WOULD IT RUN IN SALT WATER?
Old 10-17-2005, 01:31 PM
Charter Member
Charter Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Gotta love the TRS boats Just wish I had more than 40 to spend on a 28........
Old 10-17-2005, 02:25 PM
Registered

Hi Nick,

I will keep your Pantera 28' in mind.I would very much like to go for a run in that 28' twin of yours. I think we can get a little more out of it.

If anyone looking for a clean, fast, and well maintained 1992 28' twin with TRS drives should look into this boat. Fresh Water only since new.

Will stay in touch !!!

JO
Attached Thumbnails new Pantera owner-.jpg  

Last edited by JO - PANTERABOATS; 10-17-2005 at 02:29 PM.
Old 10-21-2005, 11:20 AM
Registered

Received 103 Likes on 75 Posts

Sands why did you buy my boat, I've been watching it since I traded it in almost 2 yrs ago when they dropped the price a little more I was going to try to buy it back. Where are you going to be using it?

Quick Reply: new Pantera owner

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.