540 in the werx!

Notices

540 in the werx!

Old 05-05-2006, 08:42 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: 540 in the werx!

Today is Dyno day

Brad ran break in last night and today we see where the A/F mapping is. Will likely have to send the ECU out for tweaking, looks like Dustin will do it, Mark is covered up.

For those who slapped me silly in this thread and elsewhere- thank you. The small delay and investment is worth it in peace of mind for quality time on the lake and resale should I ever face that day (used to lust for twins but not as much lately).

Last edited by Cattitude; 05-05-2006 at 08:46 AM.
Old 05-05-2006, 11:03 AM
JC Performance Engines
Gold Member

Received 20 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally Posted by Cattitude
Today is Dyno day

For those who slapped me silly in this thread and elsewhere- thank you. The small delay and investment is worth it in peace of mind for quality time on the lake and resale should I ever face that day (used to lust for twins but not as much lately).
U are welcome. Best move you could make for such an investment.
Old 05-05-2006, 01:19 PM
Registered

Cattitude , have fun on the dyno , it's the best way to get her set up right . Let us all know how you make out , give us some dyno results . I had Jo rig my dash with boost and pyro gauges even though I have a carbed 540 now I will be ready for a whipple or maybe rtech , I can't wait to see what your new motor will do in the boat . Got to go mid to high 80's right ? When will you splash?
Old 05-05-2006, 02:51 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by cobra marty
Why was it detonating? Fuel issues, injector, fuel pump, ECU program? So you are going to put all the 'old stuff' back on a new 540 block and not dyno it and check it for detonation. What ever caused the detonation before will still be there after the rebuild. I would spend the money and have Mark at Precision dyno it and set it up correctly. Nothing worse than having to do a rebuild job than to have to do it a second time. Keep us posted.

My exact thoughts. Dyno is not just for numbers
Old 05-05-2006, 03:26 PM
Registered

Dyno needed a little TLC not running til later tonight or tomorrow, bummer is I'll miss the fun, leaving soon for a race in columbus OH. Have a race in PHX next weekend so no splashing til the wk of then 15th
Old 05-13-2006, 06:03 PM
Registered

Cattitude , how are you making out with the new power ?
Old 05-15-2006, 07:52 AM
Registered

Mapping was so far off/lean we could not run much past idle. Sent ECU to AS&M, ECU should be back this AM, should be Dyno'd today- will advise

I've been a way the last two weekend sso did not miss any boating- plan to splash Sat.
Old 05-15-2006, 08:18 AM
Registered

I expect to see up to the minute results from Joplin.
Old 05-16-2006, 08:08 AM
Registered

Well, we ran enough to get a good impression but could not get close to full throttle- the fuel system could not keep up and pressure was falling off. we did see 680-720 ft/lbs early in the mid range (before boost) and carrying high, hp got up near 680 , but again, part throttle.

Speaking with Dino at Teague (it was late and he hustled to ship me some parts next day from CA) he told me the P/N's I had for the aeromotive pump, pre filter and regulator were relativley good stuff, but automotive, mismatched and inadequate for our project. (All of that came with the new to me engine) So I bought a complete sytem from him which he recommended- same as they use on their Teague 900 EFI, will run later today for the bigger numbers.

Looks like it'll cruise with a bigger wheel on it though

Par throttole A/f at 3000 is a bit lean and will have to be recalled, the rest looks good so far.

Good thing we went on the Dyno- thanks again guys- posterchild story for why you should dyno.
Old 05-16-2006, 10:30 AM
JC Performance Engines
Gold Member

Received 20 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally Posted by Cattitude
Speaking with Dino... he told me the P/N's I had for the aeromotive pump, pre filter and regulator were relativley good stuff, but automotive, mismatched and inadequate for our project. (All of that came with the new to me engine)
Thats typical for an engine builder, thats not primarily a marine builder. There is a big difference between the way an auto engine and marine engine should be built.
Thats why I went w/ JC Perf/Zul. I knew I would't run into any of those problems.

I'm glad things are coming together for you.
Your boats gonna rock.

Quick Reply: 540 in the werx!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.