Props for a Pantera 24

Notices

Props for a Pantera 24

Old 07-10-2006, 04:52 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Props for a Pantera 24

Originally Posted by noboat
The weight info was right from Jo. It's minimal but where it's at is important.

Tmone bolted 100lbs to his and he said it made a big difference. Now the question is, do I add weight to the bow or take away weight from the stern!

I'd still like to try a 4 blade to see what is does in the slop.
Where are your batteries located? If they are in the back of the boat, moving them to the front should help with the balance issue.
Old 07-10-2006, 04:58 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Are they mounted on the Port Side? This may be part of the problem, 50+ lbs in the wrong spot could be an issue.
Old 07-10-2006, 06:34 PM
Registered

Received 21 Likes on 10 Posts

Honestly I am pretty happy with the handling of the boat now that I have I played with the tabs. I am going to try the Bravo 1 and if I can get the same top speeds as the Mirage with better bite I will stick with that. If not I'll stick to the Mirage.

I would like to see more speed out of the boat but I'm thinking I'm going to need more power! The speeds I posted in the original post are 2 people aboard with light gas. With 4 people, coolers and 50+ gallons of fuel I can't even break 70. Usually about 68 or so.

But I did finally get it out in some nice 3'+ chop and it tore right through it!
Old 07-10-2006, 07:52 PM
Charter Member
Charter Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

A Bravo 1 26 labbed will be the same top end as the Mirage plus 25 but with better all around handling and trim control. I have tried many props on my 24. Good Luck, Chris
Old 07-10-2006, 08:33 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by IRONMAN
A Bravo 1 26 labbed will be the same top end as the Mirage plus 25 but with better all around handling and trim control. I have tried many props on my 24. Good Luck, Chris
Thanks Chris I am hoping the same! Weather permitting I will be testing it Thursday.

I can tell you that it felt great to get out is some bigger slop. I knew it would be awesome in the rough but the boat definitely exceeded my expectations! My passengers were in awe after the run. They couldn't believe a "little boat" could tear through slop like that!
Old 07-10-2006, 09:34 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Pantera28-650HP
They are the absolute best in the rough...none better!

Hey Scott, had you ever considered relocating the battery in the U191? I might try it, that boat about torques over
No I never really had a problem unless the drive was tucked under. Onced trimmed out it rode pretty flat unless there was a third person on the port side or bigger people on the port side. I always rearranged passengers if necessary. And the third person always rode behind me. Isn't the battery already on the starboard side?

With the deep propshaft you can have that boat trimmed up pretty high when you accelerate. I always started trimming immediately after I gave it throttle to get on plane.

Have you pulled some tight high speed corners with it in flat water? That boat will hold a turn like nothing else I have been on!
Old 07-13-2006, 01:23 PM
Registered

Tried the Bravo 1 yesterday and I really like the way the boat handles with this prop! Popped right up on plane, no blowout at all, held great in corners, and controlled the attitude of the boat with the drive trim much better. But...it only pulled 67-68 mph with two people and light gas(47-4800 rpm).

This prop is supposed to be labbed but if it was it was a LONG time ago. Leading edges are not sharp at all and it actually has several tiny dings/marks in each blade. If a labbed 26 would get me the top speed of the Mirage(non plus) and still keep the handling that would be my prop of choice!

Last edited by onesickpantera; 07-13-2006 at 01:34 PM.
Old 07-17-2006, 11:04 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Hi Noboat,
My 24' Super has basically the same power as yours, 502MagMPI.
I have run a lot of props and like Iron man said a labbed Bravo I can give you the same top speed as a Mirage. But, it must be labbed with mods for added bow lift. I found that I actually lost speed the first go around with "labbing".
Get some good data at 3 different speeds and send your prop to BBlades.
Last year my boat topped out at 75mph @4800rpm running real light with a stock 28p B1. She had a sweet spot that was hard to hold though.
This year after BBlades altered my prop, the speed is up about 2mph in all rpm ranges with the altered prop. And she loosens up with a lot less trim.
Happy Boating,
Old 07-17-2006, 06:28 PM
Registered

Pat, do you have a stepped or non-stepped SB? I really want to stick with the Bravo 1 if I can get a little more speed. I love the boat so far but I really thought this boat would have a little more top end. Now that it's hotter 70 is about max even running light. Two people and a little over half a tank and she'd only pull 68.6 in the 93* temps. I know the SB is a little faster but I really thought I could run a consistant 72-74.
Old 07-18-2006, 10:56 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by noboat
Pat, do you have a stepped or non-stepped SB?
I know the SB is a little faster but I really thought I could run a consistant 72-74.
My boat is a 1997 non-step hull.
Yes, the Superboat may be 1-2mph faster because it weighs about 200lbs less.
Is your 502MagMPI totally stock including the cast iron exhaust?
When I rebuilt my engine, I had the heads bowl ported and I'm running Stainless Marine exhausts. My engine probably make 30-35HP over stock which equates to another 2mph.
I agree your boat should run 72-74mph once she is dialed in...

Last edited by Pat McPherson; 07-18-2006 at 11:01 AM.

Quick Reply: Props for a Pantera 24

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.