Just for fun... >

Just for fun...

Notices

Just for fun...

Old 02-23-2007, 10:18 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 14 Likes on 3 Posts

So T-Mone and myself were talking about what he should do to make his boat run a little better and we were talking about either an extension box and 380k's or an IMCO shortie. Any experience or ideas? His motor will have a little more HP this year and shouldn't make a signifigant difference but maybe a little. There is nothing wrong with it right now but he runs it like he has square grouper aboard and always is looking for a little more. Any thoughts?
Old 02-23-2007, 10:26 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 14 Likes on 3 Posts

I still cant figure out how to post the f'n' videos of it on putfile youtube or anything else.
Old 02-24-2007, 12:59 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Dangerous Dave
So T-Mone and myself were talking about what he should do to make his boat run a little better and we were talking about either an extension box and 380k's or an IMCO shortie. Any experience or ideas? His motor will have a little more HP this year and shouldn't make a signifigant difference but maybe a little. There is nothing wrong with it right now but he runs it like he has square grouper aboard and always is looking for a little more. Any thoughts?
I have thought about putting an extension box on my boat as well. You would definitely need to go to a shorter drive with the box. I think it's a great idea...
Old 02-26-2007, 04:34 PM
Driver-441
Racer

Received 1,073 Likes on 283 Posts

Originally Posted by IRONMAN
I talked with a guy that has a '79, he called me about drives and stuff when my boat was for sale. He had bought it less power and installed a 632" solid roller motor with 800+ Hp at 6200rpm's. He was still dialing in the rig but had a first run of 93 on gps with a stock mirage+ prop, I think he is going for solid 95 - 100 speeds. I think it had one of the early short torpedo bravos on it too because it did not have the internal oil reservoir and he was sure that he needed some better newer drive technology. I also knew the guy that had the boat before and know that the X is really low on that boat so there is still a lot left on the table in my opinion. I am sure that jo has delivered some much faster than this from the factory though.
Its still for sale on our site
Old 02-26-2007, 04:43 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Is that $12k with the 632? Also, do you konw what Angelo's looking to get for the 540?

Man, it cracks me up that this boat and my boat were so similar looking and both on Lake George!
Old 02-27-2007, 07:18 AM
Charter Member
Charter Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

That 12K was for just the boat, no power no trailer
Old 02-27-2007, 12:43 PM
Registered

Well thanks again Chris. Further reinforcement that you priced your boat at a fair and reasonable price!
Old 02-27-2007, 05:30 PM
Charter Member
Charter Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I would pay 12 k for a good 632 and it would be a steal without a boat
Old 02-27-2007, 06:32 PM
Registered

No joke! I'm just not so sure on the inverse of that option...
Old 02-27-2007, 08:00 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by littledcsrodshop
I don't know who has or has had the fastest 24'
But I do know that T-Mones is running very good for a 24. I believe he is making somewhere around 600 hp & running somewhere in the low to mid 80's on GPS.
Putting tons of HP in a 24' boat and running fast on calm water really doesn't do that much to impress me.... the fact that T-Mone's boat has tons of HP and runs 80+mph in serious chop blows my mind every time we're out. He definately has to drive it, but believe me, in some of the water we're out in, I'm having to drive my 33', and there he is blasting along (or usually flying along) next to me.

Quick Reply: Just for fun...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.