Two batteries

Notices

Two batteries

Old 02-22-2007, 12:42 PM
Registered
Gold Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Two batteries

we currently only have one battery in our boat. Want to put another one in there for security on the water, etc. Do not listen to radio when not moving, and want to be able to sit and listen to radio, etc. We have the switch installed and the one battery already in the boat. I would need to find a place for another battery and then wire it into the switch (bat 1, 2, off, etc.). How hard is this to do. Have not been in the boat all winter, and I am not astute at this stuff as most of you are.

Also, I want to put a trim switch on the throttle, how hard is this. I do have a shifter. i think it is gafrig.
Old 02-22-2007, 12:51 PM
Registered

I have a battery box on either side of my motor up against the transom on the outside of the stringer. I assume it's mounted through the stringer, but Ironman would know the answer to that and would also be very helpful with your other question.
Old 02-22-2007, 02:03 PM
Forum Regulator
VIP Member

Received 1,195 Likes on 519 Posts

With a single engine boat, you may want to put the batteries on the same side that rides high due to prop torque. Does your boat have this issue?

www.trickmarine.net has just about every battery mounting option available you could want.
Old 02-22-2007, 04:53 PM
Registered

I haven't noticed a major prop torque issue, but then again I run about 250# of ballast in the driver's seat...
Old 02-22-2007, 10:48 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I made a plate to rig all of my stuff on in the bilge, 2 batteries, switch, and trim tab pump. But then again, I dont have a motor in mine, its a weedwacker on the transom
Old 02-23-2007, 08:27 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Courtholl
Also, I want to put a trim switch on the throttle, how hard is this. I do have a shifter. i think it is gafrig.
Trim switch is pretty easy. You can tie into the dash mounted trim switch vs. running all the way back to the trim pump. Just remember, green like the grass is down and blue like the sky is up.

I've got 2 batt's in mine and they are up against the bulkhead behind the rear seat and one is one each side. I'll be out in it this weekend, if I remember I'll snap you a picture.
Old 02-23-2007, 11:59 AM
Registered

Received 283 Likes on 170 Posts

My parents used to have an old Sea Ray - 24 cabin cruiser. We used to sit outside floating just in eye sight from the lakehouse and play that radio all night long. Before I had ever had a battery go dead while under way I spent an entire summer running that boat and listening to the radio all night and all day with out charging it up once. The battery didn't go dead until the next spring when we took it out for the first time. Parents new Sea Ray has two batteries, I have never had to switch to the other one. Very Small stereo in both boats.
Old 02-24-2007, 10:51 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Pantera28-650HP
Split the batteries up one on each side. I had that set up in my 24 and it was fine.
YUP,

that is how mine is, with trim pump, and batt switch in da middle.
Old 03-05-2007, 12:54 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Here's a couple of pics of how mine was setup.
Attached Thumbnails Two batteries-batt-1.jpg   Two batteries-batt-2.jpg  
Old 03-05-2007, 02:36 PM
JC Performance Engines
Gold Member

Received 20 Likes on 17 Posts

wow, the bilge is still lookin good.

Quick Reply: Two batteries

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.