Notices

Wow

Old 06-04-2007, 01:32 PM
Registered
Gold Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Wow

Finally had a chance to test the 24 out in some real conditions. Had the boat last fall, but traffic and wake was not too bad and did not have enough wheel time to really go out and push it. Was out several times on Lake Norman over memorial day weekend. had family around, so was giving a lot of rides. Water was anywhere from some rolling waves to just rough chop. Waves anywhere from 2-4 feet, I would say.

Just have to say, Panteras are crazy. This boat surpases my wildest dreams. Could not believe what we could do. no other offshore boat could even come close to hanging with us. I was prob going around uppers 50s to lower 60s through most of it. Would see a boat come up along side and we would just go. They would drop back quick. I would say to everyone on the boat, where did they go. Almost took some of the fun out of it, as no one could run with us. I was trying to turn down a large cove, but then a 25-27 foot baja pushed me straight, as they were turning too, until they saw us. So I straightened out and smoked them. I guess I will back off and just run a little slower with them.

Anyway, we were out of the water on multiple occasions (not sure how much, but did clear the prop several times). It was a blast and the boat handled great. It is tough when we start getting caught in between some side rollers, but just back off the throttle. Just want to thank Jo and Pepe for the most bad azz boat I have ever owned. Just need a 28 now.
Old 06-04-2007, 02:10 PM
JC Performance Engines
Gold Member

Received 20 Likes on 17 Posts

another catches the disease. its an awsome 24, enjoy.
some pics will help jar the memory.
Old 06-04-2007, 02:13 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

We were able to experience similar water in ours over Memorial Day too. For the last couple of weeks it's been unseasonably windy, so I knew our trip last weekend to St. Pete would definitely be fun.

We took a trip from St. Pete down to Sarasota last Saturday with the winds blowing 20-25. There was 4 boats: our little 24' Pantera, my buddy's 24' Skater, a 30' Spectre and a 30' Velocity. Since I had the slowest boat, I knew I would have to run 50-55+ the whole way just to keep up. I set the throttle to about 4000 rpms and only backed off when the prop left the water. To my surprise, my frined in in the 24' Skater and myself were out front the whole way across Tampa Bay in 3-4 footers.

Definitely exceeded my expectations for being only a 24' boat.

Anybody ever hang a pair of 300X's off the back of a 28? Bet that would be a good running boat.
Old 06-04-2007, 02:37 PM
Registered
Gold Member

I do need to get some pics of it. It is crazy, two of the boats were in the 30 foot range, and I could not believe they could not do it. Maybe I am just a little on the aggressive/crazy side. Maybe all Pantera owners are.
Old 06-04-2007, 03:27 PM
Charter Member
Charter Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Could fill pages with these stories of the 24's

Last edited by IRONMAN; 06-04-2007 at 06:32 PM. Reason: sp
Old 06-04-2007, 03:54 PM
JC Performance Engines
Gold Member

Received 20 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally Posted by Courtholl
Maybe I am just a little on the aggressive/crazy side. Maybe all Pantera owners are.
I think the little green eyes do alittle something to you.
Old 06-04-2007, 06:26 PM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Glad you guys are enjoying your Pantera 24s !!!

Here is a 1978 still flyin after all of these years in Michigan.

The other photo is Scott Begovich in his 2000 Pantera 24' SE

My father in 1977 Miami race in M-24.

JO
Attached Thumbnails Wow-best-pic.jpg   Wow-scottairedit.jpg   Wow-m-24-bacardi-race-1977.jpg  

Last edited by JO - PANTERABOATS; 06-04-2007 at 06:28 PM.
Old 06-04-2007, 06:46 PM
Registered

Received 123 Likes on 56 Posts

Courtholl,
I know just what you mean. And i'm sure everybody w/ one knows as well.
I love it , I love it
Old 06-04-2007, 06:48 PM
Registered

All awesome photos! Everytime I see the Kean boat all I can think is "Bergovich is a maniac!".

Such great little boats!
Old 06-04-2007, 07:04 PM
Registered

Received 21 Likes on 10 Posts

I've only had mine out in decent sized slop once and it ate it up! Honestly it was easier to drive in the bigger stuff cause I set the tabs and forgot about them and just throttled the boat. I was running 60+ mph in 2 1/2 to 3 foot slop when we started and when we finally stopped (about 8 miles) later they were even bigger. Boat flew level and landed smooth every time.

In small chop I constantly play with the tabs and trim trying to squeeze every last 1/10 mph out of her and that can get you into trouble when a boat wakes sneaks up on ya!

Quick Reply: Wow

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.