Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Owners Forum > Pantera
28 Sport minus power & drives ! >

28 Sport minus power & drives !

Notices

28 Sport minus power & drives !

Old 06-15-2007, 04:24 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

You mean you're keeping the drive and ITS...
Old 06-15-2007, 09:51 PM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by duunoit
You mean you're keeping the drive and ITS...
Hey Chris , You are more than welcome to send me an email with an offer on one of the Drives & ITS Transom assy's. Who knows you might just convince me to go back to my big single. Hows the boat coming along ? Have you got to work on it any ? I seen something a while back about a family crusier or something. [email protected]
Old 06-16-2007, 07:37 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by littledcsrodshop
Hey Chris , You are more than welcome to send me an email with an offer on one of the Drives & ITS Transom assy's. Who knows you might just convince me to go back to my big single. Hows the boat coming along ? Have you got to work on it any ? I seen something a while back about a family crusier or something. [email protected]
OH NO !! Not indecision again? LOL As long as you're determined to "do something" to the small blocks, how about one of them being reverse rotation?
GIT-ER-DUNN !!
Old 06-16-2007, 08:22 AM
Registered

Scott,

I wish I could. I don't have the money that I would ask for it, if it was my stuff...

I've not had a whole lot of time to work on my boat with a 9 month old running around. The motor is finally ready to come off the stand and go into the boat (well short of a power steering belt). Maybe I'll have it in the boat as a father's day gift Then, I still have some wiring to do.

Yeah, I bought a Regal earlier this year. After figuring out a water pressure problem, I toasted the motor memorial day weekend that's my back burner project. I can't seem to have less than two boats in the driveway. Maybe thats I don't have the extra cash for the ITS and XR
Old 06-16-2007, 08:24 AM
Registered

Unhappy

Originally Posted by IRONMAN
The boat is coming along nicely. I will be getting it wet today or tomorrow and have some pictures to post next week. Just picked up a bowtie talldeck to start building for installation next spring. I like the transmission style drive but trying to find a round ear prop to try is nearly impossible.
Two Chris's with 28 Pantera projects

(don't know why the frown is in the subject line)
Old 06-16-2007, 11:48 AM
Registered

Chris B. , Trust me I know all about not having the extra $$ just layining around for boat parts ( escpecially outdrives ) & like you said especially with a small child.
Yeah getting your motor in would be a good fathers day gift.

Chris I. , I thought about that when I typed this out especially with you asking about the drives. How is the 28 doing ?? Are you getting to run it much this year ? What are the plans for it ? I know we all always have perpetual plans for these things. Send a brother some pictures !!!!

The infamous Mr D , When you say reverse rotation are you suggesting making one of them reverse rotation & ifso forgive my ignorance but what would I gain by that especially with a drive such as the XR , or were you asking if 1 of them was reverse rotation ?
I could be wrong but I think I remember someone suggesting twin small blocks over lunch one day.

Latter, guys

Chris I ( Ironman ) Send me some pics !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 06-16-2007, 01:06 PM
Registered

Chris B. , Trust me I know all about not having the extra $$ just layining around for boat parts ( escpecially outdrives ) & like you said especially with a small child.
Yeah getting your motor in would be a good fathers day gift.

Chris I. , I thought about that when I typed this out especially with you asking about the drives. How is the 28 doing ?? Are you getting to run it much this year ? What are the plans for it ? I know we all always have perpetual plans for these things. Send a brother some pictures !!!!

The infamous Mr D , When you say reverse rotation are you suggesting making one of them reverse rotation & ifso forgive my ignorance but what would I gain by that especially with a drive such as the XR , or were you asking if 1 of them was reverse rotation ?
I could be wrong but I think I remember someone suggesting twin small blocks over lunch one day.

Latter, guys

Chris I ( Ironman ) Send me some pics !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Probably no advantage, just a really neat sound. Just shootin' off my mouth. Some like corn and rolls, some like grits and hushpuppies, I prefer tha later. Sounds like you lunch companion gave you some good advice.

GIT-ER-DUNN !!
Old 06-26-2007, 07:18 AM
Charter Member
Charter Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I ran the boat twice and then experienced drive failure. Never had a good chance to get any new photos yet.

in need of an outdrive
Old 06-26-2007, 07:51 AM
Registered

Chris,

Wasn't that the boat that had the Stern Power Drive in it?
Old 06-26-2007, 12:57 PM
Registered

Yes that is the boat with the stern Powr drive.
Chris I , Did you get me email ? I hate to hear about that !!Here is a link to the website I was telling you about. Give him a shout & In the meantime I will see if I can find out anything about the 2 I was telling you about.
Actually I can't get the link to post but just google: JTM Performance Marine & it should be the first one to come up.
Let me know what you find out.

Quick Reply: 28 Sport minus power & drives !

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.