Painted Hull

Notices

Painted Hull

Old 07-05-2007, 11:51 AM
Registered
Gold Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Painted Hull

Recently noticed that the paint on the hull is blistering. I am going to pull it out of the water more often so it does not get worse, but realize that we will need to strip it and repaint it. I think the bottom is all gell, so it isnot blistering, just some of the paint at the water line. At least we will be able to design a paint scheme that we want. Do all painted boats need to only stay in the water for a certain amount of time? Or is there a paint or process that will allow you to leave the boat in the water. Going to try to pull it more often, but our neighborhood slips are first come first serve, so I could lose my slip -- as a result, we leave it in. I think the guy before us may have painted it himself, so that might be part of the problems as well.
Old 07-05-2007, 01:58 PM
Registered

Received 264 Likes on 159 Posts

If I was to paint a boat it would be all white with vinyl graphics. You can take them off and change designs every couple of years. When its time for resale - the customers will be happy to know that they can do the same.
Old 07-05-2007, 06:46 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The boats with automotive paint on the bottom of the hulls will bubble if left in the water. They are fine for a few days but dont leave them in long.