Notices

28 Pantera at Shogren.....

Old 08-13-2007, 06:44 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 28 Pantera at Shogren.....

http://www.chicagofountain.com/prode...d=284&catid=6#

Cool boat set up. Somewhere along the line someone changed a pulley or de-tuned? It's currently only making 3lbs of boost. Curious if anyone knows the scoop on the motor, or if there is an issue.
Old 08-13-2007, 07:40 PM
Registered

Received 21 Likes on 10 Posts

I look at that boat everyday. I wonder how much $$$ it would take to convert to a pleasure set-up?

Maybe they de-tuned it to take it easy on the bravo?
Old 08-13-2007, 07:55 PM
Registered

Received 123 Likes on 56 Posts

socalstone, I guess you got the # you needed
Old 08-13-2007, 11:46 PM
Registered

Hey 'stone did you buy it? If Scott had been willing to work a trade on a race car, I could have answered that question for you based on first hand knowlege!

Last edited by Dude! Sweet!; 08-13-2007 at 11:54 PM.
Old 08-14-2007, 07:49 AM
Registered

I talked to Scott about 3 wks ago regarding that boat. I love that one. I wouldn't change a thing. He was allowing me 7 for my trade. I've already been approved but, was hoping to get better interest rates thru my bank. I've been waiting to close on my house to see where I'm at finacially otherwise I'd tell you how fast it'll go right now I also need to put my trailer back together.
Old 08-14-2007, 08:30 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by robltc
I talked to Scott about 3 wks ago regarding that boat. I love that one. I wouldn't change a thing. He was allowing me 7 for my trade. I've already been approved but, was hoping to get better interest rates thru my bank. I've been waiting to close on my house to see where I'm at finacially otherwise I'd tell you how fast it'll go right now I also need to put my trailer back together.
I would at least change it so I could throttle it and tab it myself. I don't trust my passengers that much!
Old 08-14-2007, 09:25 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by onesickpantera
I would at least change it so I could throttle it and tab it myself. I don't trust my passengers that much!
Me neither.
I was under the impression that the switchs for the tabs could be reversed on the lever, (so they are facing the driver) and not have to use my pinky to operate
Old 08-14-2007, 11:26 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by robltc
Me neither.
I was under the impression that the switchs for the tabs could be reversed on the lever, (so they are facing the driver) and not have to use my pinky to operate
You may be able to reverse the trim switch in the throttle. If not a new handle is all it would take. Then add a second set of tab switches, and possibly some more gauges on the driver's side to read easier and you're all set.

I have to admit it's a very CLEAN bad-azz boat but just not very practical for my type of boating.
Old 08-14-2007, 11:50 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

It's a killer boat no doubt. -I'm biased of course because I love that hull.
Thing is, it is supposed to be a 750hp motor and a 94-102?mph boat. I met Scott and Greg last Friday. We test drove the boat and it only ran into the upper 70's and just touched 80 at the end of a good run w/2 people, not much fuel. Started with a 34 pitch but it was only seeing 4800rpms or so. Then switched to a 32 and it was around 5000rpm or maybe a little more. It doesn't seem to be making much boost (gauge said 3lbs) and I'm a little puzzled as to what's up with the motor. That's why I'm asking if anyone knows if someone changed a pulley. My guess is the pulley was changed or there may be an issue?
Old 08-14-2007, 11:53 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

ps- as always, Jo was a huge help with everything he knew on the boat.
He personally drove it well into the 90's when it was new. So I know it is capable. Just not sure what is holding it back now.

Quick Reply: 28 Pantera at Shogren.....

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.