Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Owners Forum > Pantera
Ok, let's start the debate. Sit-down, or drop-out? >

Ok, let's start the debate. Sit-down, or drop-out?

Notices

Ok, let's start the debate. Sit-down, or drop-out?

Old 10-18-2007, 11:59 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Can a 5 seat set-up like this fit in a 24 pantera? ...you'd be nut-ta-butt...

I'd do something like this for the rear bench, with the front seats like the photo i posted earlier... I like the divided seat sections with the head rests. But have no clue whether its possible. Not a lot of leg room for the passengers in the 24. Which isn't a problem with me anymore. Used to bring several along with me on trips until no one forked up any cash for fuel... so outcha go... and I now ride with my chiqita.
Attached Thumbnails Ok, let's start the debate. Sit-down, or drop-out?-boat%2520pics%5B1%5D.%2520339.jpg   Ok, let's start the debate. Sit-down, or drop-out?-pantera_twin_ob.jpg  

Last edited by robltc; 10-18-2007 at 12:58 PM.
Old 10-18-2007, 12:29 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by robltc
Can a 5 seat set-up like this fit in a 24 pantera? ...you'd be nut-to-butt...

I'd do something like this for the rear bench, with the front seats like the photo i posted earlier... I like the divided seat sections with the head rests. But have no clue whether its possible. Not a lot of leg room for the passengers in the 24. Which isn't a problem with me anymore. Used to bring several along with me on trips until no one forked up any cash for fuel... so outcha go... and I now ride with my chiqita.
No backseat in mine, for all I care, the chiquita can stay home too
Old 10-18-2007, 12:58 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by rchevelle71
LOL, Agreed... but mine would be crushed cause she loves boating too. Besides whats better than boobs and boats...
Old 10-18-2007, 02:28 PM
JC Performance Engines
Gold Member

Received 20 Likes on 17 Posts

just boats???
Old 10-18-2007, 03:35 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Stormrider
just boats???
Spoken like a true "Married Guy"...

Enough Peg!

Vice chair "NO MA'AM" (National Organization of Men Against Amazonian Masterhood!"
Old 10-18-2007, 05:32 PM
Registered

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by TexomaPowerboater
Wow you really do have mightaswellanoma. I think if your going to paint it all white they you should leave it all white and slap on some green eyes for a little while. Then go gray with the green eyes on down the road.
Yes, I have one of the strongest forms of it, unfortunately my "medical insurance" doesn't go a long way...
Why would you wait to do the color later??
I figure if I'm going to do paint, I might as well...
See, there I go again.
I do like the "refrigerator" look of all white. I guess, with the colors I've chosen, I'm still trying to look like a half modern (stainless), and half old-school refrigerator

Originally Posted by Stormrider
Keep the dash classic w/ just stainless rims, no bezels.

I like the footrest mods on this boat.
http://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/s...d.php?t=168231

I like the leg wraps on the PPI seats.
I also like the seats in this spectre too!!!
I agree, I don't want to go flashy on the dash. The dash is currently stock, and I may move non-essential gauges to the side of the helm bump-out (facing the passenger). The whole gauge thing is down the road though, I want to get everything back together to run next year, but some thing's may not be complete on the way I want it to finally look.
I also like the foot rests. Might even look cool, and keep the old-school feel if I did something like that in Teak.

I'd do something like this for the rear bench, with the front seats like the photo i posted earlier... I like the divided seat sections with the head rests.
I wasn't planning on doing much with the rear bench right away. Just recover it in all white. Maybe something later on. I'm also not too worried about passengers, but the foot rest idea would look cool
Not sure what to do with the side panels, I think I want to change the shape of them, but not sure to what. I didn't have them in the boat long enough to really get an idea of how they fit, and what I could do different. I've also considered cutting small "cubbies" into the interior gunwale next to driver and passenger for drink holders, or a place to stash crap (wallet, car keys...). That will likely be a "down the road" project.

Originally Posted by rchevelle71
My wife and I actually met because we both had boats, and the group we hung out with were all couples. It didn't make sense for her to run her boat alone, so she just jumped on mine. I really enjoy being on the boat with her. Wouldn't have it any other way. She was there the day we yanked and tore down the motor, and she's spent her share of time in the garage polishing and cleaning parts.
Old 10-18-2007, 06:50 PM
JC Performance Engines
Gold Member

Received 20 Likes on 17 Posts

bh, thats a real keeper you have there... lucky guy.
Old 10-18-2007, 07:07 PM
Registered

LOL, Agreed... but mine would be crushed cause she loves boating too. Besides whats better than boobs and boats...
Well,

I would like to have her along, but she never really supported me rebuilding this thing in the first place, she didnt say no, cuz its my money, but now that it is done, she seems to have something going on whenever I wanna go out with the boys, so if she is available she can go, if not, too bad, so sad

I had to laugh though, I used to have a 23 weelcraft bowrider, and she is a school teacher, so she would bring work along, I used to have to warn her when we were about to hit the throttles, so she could put her paperwork away. 2 weeks ago we were out, and this damn boat rides so smooth, she was reading a book at over 50 MPH.

Now if I can get it dialed in, so she has to hold on tight, I'll be happy, wanna get at least 60 out of the single outboard.
Old 10-18-2007, 07:16 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by bouyhunter
Not sure what to do with the side panels, I think I want to change the shape of them, but not sure to what. I didn't have them in the boat long enough to really get an idea of how they fit, and what I could do different. I've also considered cutting small "cubbies" into the interior gunwale next to driver and passenger for drink holders, or a place to stash crap (wallet, car keys...). That will likely be a "down the road" project.

My wife and I actually met because we both had boats, and the group we hung out with were all couples. It didn't make sense for her to run her boat alone, so she just jumped on mine. I really enjoy being on the boat with her. Wouldn't have it any other way. She was there the day we yanked and tore down the motor, and she's spent her share of time in the garage polishing and cleaning parts.
I made small pads for the gunwale, but did most of the sides with Hydro turf(the stuff they make waverunner footpads from) for weight savings. my backseat is also removable for weight savings.

Thats cool with the wife, I met a boat chick once, but she just drank too damn much, had to let her go.
Old 10-19-2007, 04:45 PM
Driver-441
Racer

Received 1,053 Likes on 277 Posts

The only standups I like are the old Magnum ones that practicly come up to your shoulders.

Quick Reply: Ok, let's start the debate. Sit-down, or drop-out?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.