Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Owners Forum > Pantera
Dude! Sweet! 28 Pantera upgrades >

Dude! Sweet! 28 Pantera upgrades

Notices

Dude! Sweet! 28 Pantera upgrades

Old 02-06-2008, 04:03 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

John! You fink! I was going to debut the new graphics at Desert Storm! Now everyone's going to have that bad ass look!
Old 02-06-2008, 04:09 PM
Registered

Received 283 Likes on 170 Posts

Originally Posted by Dude! Sweet!
I was towing with a half ton 2wd Silverado. My wife's Z71 Tahoe towed better. But like you, I only go about 3 miles to the ramp. This year I want to go do some poker runs and stuff like that, so I figured I need more truck!

I though an F2 would look good with the truck!
Funny, my fiance has the z71 tahoe. Nice to know it will handle the job too.
Old 02-06-2008, 04:58 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Dude! Sweet!
I was towing with a half ton 2wd Silverado.

What didn't you like about the half ton? Brakes, power, 2wd or suspension? I'm trying to figure out what to get next and thought the half ton chevy would be good.

Dan
Old 02-06-2008, 05:25 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by p729lws
What didn't you like about the half ton? Brakes, power, 2wd or suspension? I'm trying to figure out what to get next and thought the half ton chevy would be good.

Dan
It's a pretty good truck all in all. I have a loaded LT (with leather, heated seats, XM, Bose, etc.) and it was really nice to drive every day. It's an extended cab, and the back seat is tiny. To the point where I couldn't really use it to haul my kids car seats. So that was the first issue for me. Second, I'm planning on going up to San Fran and out to Mead or Havasu this year. They're both long tows through the mountains and I think it would really beat the half ton to make the tow. Finally, the big thing was that my wife went temporarily insane and told me that it was cool to buy a bigger truck! Gotta strike while the iron is hot!

Oh, and on the side, I do think it's kinda bogus that GM's still putting drum brakes on these truck! But it towed and stopped just fine. Heck I've got a buddy that tows a Top Gun with an air bagged half ton Dodge!
Old 02-06-2008, 05:56 PM
Registered

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

HEHE - another "update" working thread.
Keep the camera handy, and the pics coming.

Nice looking tow pig.
Hell, I'm hauling your old 24' with a 2WD '96 1/2 ton Chevy standard cab, and I'm not even comfortable with that. I'm well within ratings, but that trailer has no brakes, I'd like something a little heavier. I was used to running around in a Dually, but that's certainly overkill for what I currently need. Truck is in great shape, and only has 56K on it. Best used vehicle I've ever bought, had it for about 4 years now and the only thing I've replaced is a brake line.
I'll be shopping for a truck within the next year, hope I get this lucky next time.
Old 02-06-2008, 06:42 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by bouyhunter
HEHE - another "update" working thread.
Keep the camera handy, and the pics coming.

Nice looking tow pig.
Hell, I'm hauling your old 24' with a 2WD '96 1/2 ton Chevy standard cab, and I'm not even comfortable with that. I'm well within ratings, but that trailer has no brakes, I'd like something a little heavier. I was used to running around in a Dually, but that's certainly overkill for what I currently need. Truck is in great shape, and only has 56K on it. Best used vehicle I've ever bought, had it for about 4 years now and the only thing I've replaced is a brake line.
I'll be shopping for a truck within the next year, hope I get this lucky next time.
HA! You sound like Kittycat-John with all that tow rating hooha! I figure if it makes it up the ramp, then I'm good to go! But hey, any excuse to buy a giant truck!
Old 02-06-2008, 06:46 PM
Registered

Received 283 Likes on 170 Posts

Originally Posted by p729lws

Dan

If your looking at 1/2 ton chevy the upgrade cost to the z71 is well worth it.

My 07 has drum brakes, but their HUGE. The trailer can stop the truck.

Hell 1 ton trucks 10 years ago didn't have much more than the half tons have today.
Old 02-06-2008, 06:57 PM
Registered

Kittycat John? Hey, I resemble that remark... jerk

Don't even get me started with the tow ratings...

Just play it safe... Like we did... (the only way to tow a Pantera)
Attached Thumbnails Dude! Sweet! 28 Pantera upgrades-dsc_0279.jpg   Dude! Sweet! 28 Pantera upgrades-dsc_0558.jpg  
Old 02-06-2008, 07:03 PM
Registered

We could have put Tim's boat in the back of your truck! And I'm a little bummed that you couldn't see how deftly I'd written my name in the snow in that photo... One more gatorade and there would have been a glowing yellow "Pantera Racing, Miami Florida" in some field in the middle of Colorado!
Old 02-06-2008, 07:09 PM
Registered

You can almost make it out...
Attached Thumbnails Dude! Sweet! 28 Pantera upgrades-dsc_0280-1.jpg  

Last edited by SDR_John; 02-06-2008 at 07:15 PM.

Quick Reply: Dude! Sweet! 28 Pantera upgrades

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.