Twin staggered 28??? >

Twin staggered 28???

Notices

Twin staggered 28???

Old 08-09-2011, 01:26 PM
Registered

Received 282 Likes on 170 Posts

Originally Posted by B.A.
no comments on the big powered 28sr? anybody? Scared???
Any of these big single engine pantera dreamers are going to have some serious torque steer. Twins are the way to go.
Old 08-09-2011, 02:02 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Mange
Why a twin 28?? With today's engines a single 1000HP on a SSM#6 is the right way to go.

Mange
Mange we have discussed this so many times...

Maybe someone wants to come home also on their own power...

This is the same ? as for a triple vs twins on an endurance racer.. with triples you loose an engine and still might stay on plane with two running, try that with a twin on one engine...
More the engines the safer, but whatdoIknow...
Old 08-09-2011, 02:03 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by TexomaPowerboater
Any of these big single engine pantera dreamers are going to have some serious torque steer. Twins are the way to go.
+1

Add this to my list also.
Old 08-09-2011, 04:15 PM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by JO - PANTERABOATS
So when would you like to place your order?
rgds,
pp.
Pepe, what's up

I was in US few weeks ago and did my move on a 32 Activator with single 930hp on #6 drive.
When I'm done with that one I want my 28+ SR Race seamless sit down cut down edition.
I allready have a new 1100hp...

Originally Posted by MikeyFIN
Mange we have discussed this so many times...

Maybe someone wants to come home also on their own power...

This is the same ? as for a triple vs twins on an endurance racer.. with triples you loose an engine and still might stay on plane with two running, try that with a twin on one engine...
More the engines the safer, but whatdoIknow...
Mika, with all respect and I know you have a lot knowledge.
BUT, if we are talking about a "modern" 28 offshore what the 28SR is so please forget twin setup.
If you break the big power single, wtf hook up the 9.9hp outbord on a bracket and you will hit the shore soon. It's 2011 now!!!
Old 08-09-2011, 06:07 PM
Registered

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

hahahahaha good one Mange...single is the way to go.
Old 08-09-2011, 09:28 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 28sr

(Any of these big single engine pantera dreamers are going to have some serious torque steer. Twins are the way to go.)

Yes twins are great in very many ways but for some people like me who live on a river then a single big powered 28 would work just fine. And also I have some guys passing my house in some skater cats that need to be put in there place. Also I will be taking it to bigger waters once in a while so therefore I will one day have the best of both worlds not saying I will beat the skaters but I will make them push theres to the limit. I think a twin turbo 598 or 632 should give them a real run for there money and the twin step should work well in fresh water
Old 08-11-2011, 03:58 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

I would like to know if twin 525s have yet been put in the stepped 28 SR and if so, what are the performance figures?

Any official estimate(s) barring the existence of real data?
Old 08-11-2011, 04:48 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by 348SStb
I would like to know if twin 525s have yet been put in the stepped 28 SR and if so, what are the performance figures?

Any official estimate(s) barring the existence of real data?
I talked with Joe about that setup,he says 90 which I believe to be a realistic number
Old 08-11-2011, 05:37 PM
Registered

Received 282 Likes on 170 Posts

Originally Posted by B.A.
(Any of these big single engine pantera dreamers are going to have some serious torque steer. Twins are the way to go.)

Yes twins are great in very many ways but for some people like me who live on a river then a single big powered 28 would work just fine. And also I have some guys passing my house in some skater cats that need to be put in there place. Also I will be taking it to bigger waters once in a while so therefore I will one day have the best of both worlds not saying I will beat the skaters but I will make them push theres to the limit. I think a twin turbo 598 or 632 should give them a real run for there money and the twin step should work well in fresh water
Your dreaming, you'll get smoked. That single engine will be a dog out of the hole. You'll need the twins to beat them out of the hole and stay on top. There are no free lunches in this sport. That big engine motor will cost just as much, maybe more, then two mild big blocks. Then you have drive issues to worry about. Assuming you get it all to run reliably you'll still have massive torque steer, which will take the pleasure and relaxation out of driving the boat. Trust me, read the threads of all the people that tried to put big power into their 28 single Pantera. Most all ended up with nothing but problems and the only good speed numbers came out of the race setup panteras.
Old 08-11-2011, 05:59 PM
Registered

Default ok

OK (texomapowerboater) you have a point twins like these would be great http://www.flickr.com/photos/4383583...622639554540//

twin ls all aluminum motors 720hp each

Quick Reply: Twin staggered 28???

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.