Woodward Dream Cruise >

Woodward Dream Cruise

Notices

Woodward Dream Cruise

Old 08-18-2008, 03:53 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Woodward Street Racing

WE USED TO RACE THERE BACK IN THE 50'S AND 60' S OUT THE OLD TOMAHAWK AND TEDS DRIVE IN
Originally Posted by mikeb4
Took a weekend off from the boat since my daughter had to work at the Woodward Dream Cruise. We rode our 1968 & 1974 Solex Mopeds to the event so we could ride right through barracades and park smack dab in the middle of the closed off streets of Birmingham. Must have been 10's of thousands of classic cars there cruising a 10-15 mile four lane road that used to have street racing in the 70's & 80's - classic Woodward Avenue! Funny thing was our old Solex's got as much attention as the classic cars ......

I Like Cobra's if you can tell!
Old 09-09-2008, 09:17 PM
Registered

Don't know how I missed this one, but cool photos and I really dig 572's Cobra! Hey 572, you interested in getting a 28?

My buddy had a pair of the FFR spec racers. They were good looking cars and seemed well engineered. I saw one of their Cobra kids out in Vegas (at the track) about 4 years ago. Very cool car!

The Daytona Coupe was, for a very long time, my #1 "if I won the powerball" car... It's #2 on my list now, but still sure as shibby wouldn't kick it outta bed for eatin' crackers!
Old 09-10-2008, 08:37 AM
Back out of the Game!
Gold Member

Originally Posted by Dude! Sweet!
Don't know how I missed this one, but cool photos and I really dig 572's Cobra! Hey 572, you interested in getting a 28?
Hey! 'Bout time your head popped up!!!!
Old 09-10-2008, 11:04 AM
Registered

I was actually supposed to be up at the Monterey Historics that weekend and Friday morning we had a major plumbing failure (in my house not in me! ) and I ended up speeding the weekend with roto-rooter and the city DPW...

I've really been getting a nose for a Cobra lately too... My inability to focus on one thing protects me from doing anything though. I also have been itching for a Z06 and another race car! You know what Confucious says... A smart man learns from his mistakes, a wise man learns from the mistakes of others... and a dummy like me never learns!

Last edited by Dude! Sweet!; 09-10-2008 at 11:07 AM.
Old 09-11-2008, 07:53 AM
Back out of the Game!
Gold Member

Originally Posted by Dude! Sweet!
I've really been getting a nose for a Cobra lately too... My inability to focus on one thing protects me from doing anything though. I also have been itching for a Z06 and another race car! You know what Confucious says... A smart man learns from his mistakes, a wise man learns from the mistakes of others... and a dummy like me never learns!
Live for the moment! you never know what will happen tomorrow!
Old 09-11-2008, 11:03 AM
Registered

I know if I buy a Cobra and a race car, that I'll be living outside tomorrow! But we'll see... I've got my eye on a few things!
Old 09-11-2008, 11:49 AM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

--- Hey 572, you interested in getting a 28? ----

Hey Sean , I seen this & just couldn't resist Greg is just not "right" he is the only dude I have known to actually go from a 28' Pantera down to a 24'... I think he likes the 24
b/c he can see over the dash better... LOL..

Now that I think about it maybe he is the only one around here smart enough to relize that he is actually making a step towards progress by going down in size, With the ultimate goal of being completley set free from this horrendous addiction...lol...

Last edited by littledcsrodshop; 09-11-2008 at 11:54 AM.
Old 09-11-2008, 12:45 PM
Registered

Scotty, man that killed me! Too funny! Next step is one of those air entrapment hulled zodiacs! HA HA HA!
Old 09-12-2008, 05:30 PM
Registered

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Hey guys, no 28 in my plans for now. I really do enjoy driving my 24 and just have not had much chance to do it with the ITS.
Looks like the Cobra will be heading to Poland in a month or so.
The Cobra is a blast two drive also but 200 miles in two years. Time to turn it into cash!
Greg