Woodward Dream Cruise

Notices

Woodward Dream Cruise

Old 08-16-2008, 01:54 PM
Back out of the Game!
Gold Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Woodward Dream Cruise

Took a weekend off from the boat since my daughter had to work at the Woodward Dream Cruise. We rode our 1968 & 1974 Solex Mopeds to the event so we could ride right through barracades and park smack dab in the middle of the closed off streets of Birmingham. Must have been 10's of thousands of classic cars there cruising a 10-15 mile four lane road that used to have street racing in the 70's & 80's - classic Woodward Avenue! Funny thing was our old Solex's got as much attention as the classic cars ......

I Like Cobra's if you can tell!
Attached Thumbnails Woodward Dream Cruise-cimg2480.jpg   Woodward Dream Cruise-cimg2487.jpg   Woodward Dream Cruise-cimg2491.jpg  

Last edited by mikeb4; 08-16-2008 at 01:59 PM.
Old 08-16-2008, 01:58 PM
Back out of the Game!
Gold Member

Default More ...........

More pics ..........
Attached Thumbnails Woodward Dream Cruise-cimg2466.jpg   Woodward Dream Cruise-cimg2490.jpg   Woodward Dream Cruise-cimg2489.jpg  

Old 08-16-2008, 06:20 PM
Registered

Received 123 Likes on 56 Posts

pantera572
Greg, now's your chance to post a pic
Old 08-16-2008, 08:13 PM
Registered

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Well it took some time to retrieve them after our lightning hit, but here are a few. Might be available if anyone is interested. Just don't use it.
Greg
Attached Thumbnails Woodward Dream Cruise-cobra-moore-ga-big%5B1%5D-large-.jpg   Woodward Dream Cruise-cobra-moore-ga-frontal-large-.jpg   Woodward Dream Cruise-cobra-moore-ga-engine-large-.jpg  

Old 08-16-2008, 09:32 PM
Registered

Received 123 Likes on 56 Posts

this thing is cherry !!
Old 08-16-2008, 10:51 PM
Back out of the Game!
Gold Member

Nizzze! and a 427 ... that is schweet!

I have been interested in building a Coupe..... very rare out there .. starting to see a few with the new Factory Five kit available.

I did get to spend a day with a new model GT40 - awesome car .... here I just picked my 7th grade daughter up at school.
Attached Thumbnails Woodward Dream Cruise-ffr-coupe.jpg   Woodward Dream Cruise-ffr-coupe-2.jpg   Woodward Dream Cruise-dscf0095.jpg  

Old 08-17-2008, 06:47 PM
Registered

Thanks guys! Mike, I also like the coupes. You never see them. GT40 is also very sweet. Could you see anything out the back window?
Greg
Old 08-17-2008, 08:50 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post

Gotta love the Cobra's. I used to have a pair of 427 Medium Riser engines in the barn with the intention of using them in one. The Woodward cruise is a lot of fun. We went last year with a bunch of restored GTO's. There was a group there that had a bunch of old Hurst's set up in front of the Cemetary, creepy people!
My fav. car last year was a BRAND NEW Mustang with a 550 hp V-10 in it!
Old 08-18-2008, 11:09 AM
Back out of the Game!
Gold Member

Can't see a darn thing including a fire truck! But the mirrors work well and I am used to towing so it was no big deal. Actually the rear window is wierd because it is a straight vertical glass right behind your head and just reflects everything moving out through the passenger window which is distracting for a half hour until you get used to it. The engine is closed off with this actual inner rear glass .... the rear glass you see on the outside is for the benefit of seeing the engine.

Couple of observations with the car:
* Very cool car and easy to drive compared to what you might think.
* You have to be careful because reverse is to the left and up next to first gear, until I got used to it I always creeped the clutch out to make sure I was in forward before popping it ... can't imagine if I was in Reverse at a light nailing it and dumping the clutch
* You need to have an open parking space to open the door and exit the car. With the rollover roof area on the doors and the long door it's limbo to get out if you can't open the door all the way.
* People really respect the car when you are out on the road .... I had more courtesy from other drivers than ever .... people would make room for me to merge and didn't tail gate etc .....

Very cool experience .... I am looking forward to a Shelby Coupe or AC Cobra of some kind one of these days ...
Attached Thumbnails Woodward Dream Cruise-dscf0096.jpg   Woodward Dream Cruise-dscf0093.jpg   Woodward Dream Cruise-dscf0095.jpg  

Last edited by mikeb4; 08-18-2008 at 01:43 PM.
Old 08-18-2008, 03:41 PM
Registered

Thanks for the insights Mike. I sat in one in a showroom and figured you might just have to use the mirrors. The rear glass is strange when you see how large it is then notice it lays nearly flat.
Beautiful car though!
Greg

Quick Reply: Woodward Dream Cruise

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.