JC Performance Engines
Gold Member

Received 20 Likes on 17 Posts

Ditto.
Heartfelt.
Old 10-07-2008, 07:00 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

From what I've been told and from experience if you are more than two months behind the bank already see this as being foreclosed. So you have two choices. Make the payments current or let it go because if you sell it, the next time you go to buy a boat the bank will not loan you the money because they view a deliquency in payments of two months as a foreclosure.

State to state may be different, but in PA this seems to be the norm. However I could be wrong. I'd call the bank and see if you could do a stop payment.

Best of luck. ~ Rick
Old 10-07-2008, 07:40 AM
Registered

I spoke with Rocky a couple of times about the boat and my father looked at it in person at Havasu when we were in Scottsdale for Barrett Jackson.

Boat is in like new condition. We did not inspect the motors but the engines and drives looked to be kept in nice shape.

I love the look of this boat.

Rocky, Best of luck with the sale. If I speak to anyone looking for a twin engine boat I will be sure to pass along the info on yours.

Cheers,

Adam
Old 10-07-2008, 10:54 AM
Registered

Best of luck on the sale...Cancer sucks, lost my Dad the 17th of June. He beat it twice before and was beating it the 3rd time.
Old 10-07-2008, 11:41 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by VelocityRick
So you have two choices. Make the payments current or let it go because if you sell it, the next time you go to buy a boat the bank will not loan you the money because they view a deliquency in payments of two months as a foreclosure.
I can tell you that a bank looks very different on a borrower that got 60 days behind but caught up or sold the boat and paid off the loan than we do a borrower that simply gives it back.

You're statement could not be more wrong. A 60 day delinquency is a serious mark but if it's an isolated incident and explainable and everything else is OK, especially if the borrow has been in contact with the bank and worked on a solution it is a completely different than just ignoring calls and finally having to go out and repo something.

Plus the bank can't do any more to you if you call and keep in contact during a tough time and by talking to them up front, you may save you both some pain and money. Who knows maybe your banker is smart and knows that if you sell it they will get more for the boat than if they have to sell it, even if that means a loss.

It will depend on the bank and how they handle it plus your situation but again a will say a 60 day late is very different than a foreclosure or a repo.

Last edited by Von Bongo; 10-07-2008 at 12:16 PM.
Old 10-07-2008, 11:58 AM
Registered

Received 21 Likes on 10 Posts

Von Bongo is right. A 60 day late is just that, a late payment. HUGE difference between a late and a foreclosure.

Rocky, have you contacted the bank to see if they would do a short sale? That could help you move it faster.

Good luck.
Old 10-07-2008, 02:49 PM
Registered

Good luck with everything Rocky. Hope everything looks up for you man.
Old 10-07-2008, 03:15 PM
Registered

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Whats bottom dollar price for the boat that the bank would take?
Old 10-07-2008, 05:16 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by slpcamaross97
Whats bottom dollar price for the boat that the bank would take?
Yes, I would like to know what that figure is too. Something else. This same boat is listed on the Pantera's website, under the owners gallery. It is listed as the owner living in New Jersey. Pics of the boat on the classified list shows the boat reg. as New Jersey too. So that matches. But, the seller is claiming to be from CA. What is the real story here? Who really owns the boat (OK, the bank does), or should I ask, who has possession of the boat currently?
http://panteraboats.com/ownersgaller...ID=120&page=12
Old 10-07-2008, 05:53 PM
Registered

Rocky bought the boat from the original owner in New Jersey about a year ago I think. The boat was for sale for quite a while before he bought it. I think he is recycling some of the original photos.

Quick Reply: Desperate. Take Over Payments

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.