Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Owners Forum > Pantera
Comparing 24 Superboat to 24 Pantera ? >

Comparing 24 Superboat to 24 Pantera ?

Notices

Comparing 24 Superboat to 24 Pantera ?

Old 11-26-2008, 02:29 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

yes i am currently a 24 superboat owner...

i'm not here satrting trouble, i'm here inquiring bc i want to sell mine and i really want to get a stern drive 24-26 foot boat...

i'm not posting this in superboat forum bc i have one, i see it, i knod how its built and put together in the final finishing stages for that added bling factor and luxury and pricey look.

so far... the panteras really have me won by cool factor alone

i want more sound (read exhaust) and slightly better rough water ability and also would like more power and performance when the boat is full of 5-6 people

without going to a 300HP outboard, i wont see mid-70s with my 250.... i think stern drive is the way to get instead maybe?

i'm not getting that with a single outboard 24 superboat right now..

i want to get something with a big loud motor, it's what i'm into... so i'm weighing between 24 SB or 24 Pantera stern drives...

i sometimes feel my stepped 24 hull is too flighty in rough stuff (mine is a year 2000)

Last edited by Shibby1485; 11-26-2008 at 02:32 PM.
Old 11-26-2008, 03:17 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Shibby1485
yes i am currently a 24 superboat owner...

i'm not here satrting trouble, i'm here inquiring bc i want to sell mine and i really want to get a stern drive 24-26 foot boat...

i'm not posting this in superboat forum bc i have one, i see it, i knod how its built and put together in the final finishing stages for that added bling factor and luxury and pricey look.

so far... the panteras really have me won by cool factor alone

i want more sound (read exhaust) and slightly better rough water ability and also would like more power and performance when the boat is full of 5-6 people

without going to a 300HP outboard, i wont see mid-70s with my 250.... i think stern drive is the way to get instead maybe?

i'm not getting that with a single outboard 24 superboat right now..

i want to get something with a big loud motor, it's what i'm into... so i'm weighing between 24 SB or 24 Pantera stern drives...

i sometimes feel my stepped 24 hull is too flighty in rough stuff (mine is a year 2000)
Gotcha...

There is not a big difference in the ride between a 24' Pantera, a 24' Super, or any other 24x7 24°V I/O for that matter.
Being that an I/O is 600-800lbs heavier than an Outboard, the I/O will ride better.
Both the 24' Pantera and 24' Super I/O will have a smaller cockpit than your Outboard 24' Super so more than 4 people is not all that comfortable.
To run in the mid 70s in an I/O you will need a good power plant with 420HP+...
Old 11-30-2008, 07:21 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Shibby1485

how much worse is fuel economy of a BBC versus a EFI 2-stroke outboard?
Not sure what you're getting with your 250, but I would guess a BBC isn't any worse. The 250 EFI is not the most fuel efficient motor. (A buddy of mine has one on a 21 Checkmate and he says it's terrible on fuel.)

Anyway, mine will get a minimum of 2 mpg and if I keep the throttle out of the 4 barrels it's probably closer to 2.5 mpg. Not bad (in my opinion) for a 550 hp Big Block and a cruise of 50 mph.
Old 11-30-2008, 07:25 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Pantera advantage:

Don't know about the guys at SB, so this isn't a slam, but Jo and Pepe are extremely helpful. I've talked with Jo through email and on the phone several times, and he's answered questions and been helpful with any questions I had, especially when I was looking at the 24 I currently have. That's pretty good in my book, since I was buying a used boat more than 10 years old. He also offered to take it out with me after I bought it, to help with any handling/driving issues I may have had.
Old 11-30-2008, 08:48 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i'll attest to that! the 250 EFI is far from fuel efficient!!

then again... i DRIVE the boat in every sense of it. i hammer the throttle, i run it hard, and i run it for a LONG time.

i'll get out on the water 10am and return 7 or 8pm and some days i burn thru the whole 60 gallon tank and have to refill.... combination of it's not the msot fuel efficient thing out there, and i'm not the typical weekend boater. i take the boat out to run it and leave the ignition running.. not one for being a routine beach goer to the hot spot and just pulling up and hanging out all day.

ziemer i got your e-mail... interested in your boat... trying to sell me 24 SB first...

after my superboat sells... i'm looking for 24 I/O pantera or 24 I/O superboat and entertaining 24 skaters...

the only thing the skater has going for it is speed...

pantera has pretty much everything else going for it... classy, sporty, modern looking, sleep-able with cabin

i'm ready to buy... so many boats out there i'd pull the trigger on right now, just gotta unload mine first
Old 12-01-2008, 09:43 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by ziemer
Pantera advantage:

Don't know about the guys at SB, so this isn't a slam, but Jo and Pepe are extremely helpful. I've talked with Jo through email and on the phone several times, and he's answered questions and been helpful with any questions I had, especially when I was looking at the 24 I currently have. That's pretty good in my book, since I was buying a used boat more than 10 years old. He also offered to take it out with me after I bought it, to help with any handling/driving issues I may have had.
I also got great support from Jo even though I bought a used Pantera.
As for Superboat, JC is fun to party with, but he was not much of a help with my used Superboat.