Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Owners Forum > Pantera
How about a Gathering of the Pantera's? >

How about a Gathering of the Pantera's?

Notices

How about a Gathering of the Pantera's?

Old 08-30-2009, 08:15 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Time To Get Those Registrations In!

Originally Posted by Green Eyes
Well folks, this thread can now take on new meaning because we have a place and a date.
The Columbus Day weekend Poker Run on Lake George, NY is all but certain at this time. I know because I'm one of the organizers along with Performance Marine in Bolton Landing.(http://www.perfmar.com/).
The Poker Run itself will be on Saturday, October 10, 2009. The formal announcement will be made on OSO this Friday.
Anyway, I spoke to Jo (yes, Jo Nunez) on Friday and he said that if we had enough Pantera's show up that he might actually make the trip. He may also help to sponsor the event but he wants to see some Pantera's there.
So, what do you say? How many Pantera's can we get to Lake George on Saturday, October 10, 2009? Perhaps we could plan a special Pantera get together on Friday night (10/9/09). Can enough to get Jo there?
Well...what do you think?
Whose in?
I am and I know that Dr. Dan is up for it.
Only 31 days left to register for this event. Remember, there is no registration on the day of the event.
Old 09-05-2009, 06:12 AM
Registered

Default Rain or Shine - It's On!

Rain or Shine - It's On!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Several people have asked what will happen if it rains. This event is happening regardless of the weather. If the weather is so poor that we can't safely run the boats, the card stops will be moved to 5 watering holes in Lake George Village. You and your crew will walk the streets of Lake George Village and pick up a card at each establishment. There will still be cash payouts to the top 3 hands, awards, buffet on Saturday evening, party with live band and awards ceremony.
It's a rain or shine event, no rain date.
Be there on Saturday, October 10, 2009.
Call me with any questions 518-312-7478.
Old 09-05-2009, 07:51 AM
Driver-441
Racer

Received 1,053 Likes on 277 Posts

Seen you go by yesterday Norm, looked good!!
Old 09-07-2009, 10:07 AM
Registered

Default Sponsorships Still Available

Sponsors - I need to know this week.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

For those who have said that they are interested in being a sponsor, I need to know this week. The t-shirts are being ordered this Thursday, Sept. 10th. If you want your name on the t-shirt, I need to know by this Thursday. Sponsorship allows you you display a boat or boat related product (trailer, equipment & accessories, motors, custom paint work, etc.) at the event (in the water or on the shore) as well as include info about your product in the registration packet, have a booth or display in the area adjacent to the village docks and display at banner at the party on Saturday evening.
Call me with any questions 518-312-7478.
Thanks
Norm
Old 09-12-2009, 09:39 PM
Registered

Please don't forget to download and sign the Hold Harmless Agreement and return it (signed by the boat owner) along with your registration form, check, and copy of proof of your liability insurance policy.
There should be 4 things in your envelope: Registration, Check, Hold Harmless Agreement and Proof of Liability Insurance.
Thanks
Old 09-23-2009, 08:04 PM
Registered

Entertainment Update - 2 Bands!

Just got a call from the good folks at the King Neptune Pub informing me that they'll be providing live entertainment on BOTH NIGHTS!.
On Friday night, the Jonathan Newell Band will be performing and on Saturday night, it will be Crossfire.
Info about both bands is available at:
http://www.kingneptunespub.com/index...ages&r=0&pid=3

It just keeps getting better.
Old 09-26-2009, 05:28 PM
Registered

EVENT CANCELLED - All registration fees and Sponsor Money will be refunded in FULL

Yesterday I was informed by the Lake George Park Commission (LGPC), that they had filed a request with the NYS Dept. of Environmental Conservation (DEC) to revoke the regatta permit for this event. The permit was issued by the DEC on June 1, 2009 without objection by the LGPC. They are now requesting that it be revoked due to "safety, navigational, recreational and environmental concerns". Although the LGPC had reviewed the permit application in May and requested modifications which were then incorporated into a modified application, they've now decided to seek to revoke the permit just 2 weeks before the event was scheduled to take place.
I cannot apologize to everyone who registered and our sponsors enough. I have to say that I didn't see this coming. On June 12th a meeting was held with representatives from the LGPC followed by various telephone conversations and personal meetings as well. I have known all along that the LGPC was difficult to work with. I had been warned by many people. However, I thought that in working with them throughout the process, we had established a reasonable working relationship. Obviously I was misled.
Not only did they not agree to increase the speed limit for the event, they have now also removed the exemption for the "noise limits" and requested that the permit itself be revoked.
ALL REGISTRATION FEES AND SPONSOR FEES WILL BE REFUNDED IN FULL. All checks will refunded or returned this week.
I intend to appeal this action vigorously. However, in the meantime, I think that's it's only fair to return everyone's money.
The Fort William Henry has agreed to refund all deposits and payments in full as well due to this arbitrary action by the LGPC.
THERE IS NO EVENT! Please do not just "show up". If so, it will be condsidered an illegal gathering and I can guarantee you that the LGPC will be there in full force to ticket as many people as they can for so sound, noise, speed and anything else that they can think of.
Again, I apologize. If you have any questions, please feel free to give me a call at 518-312-7478.
Norm__________________
Old 09-26-2009, 10:57 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

That SUCKS!!!!!!!!
Old 09-27-2009, 04:11 PM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Sorry to hear that Norm. I know you have worked hard putting it all together. I was looking forward to flying up for the weekend and meeting some Pantera owners.

Regards,

JO - Pantera