Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Owners Forum > Pantera
VON BONGO,  How's the progress?? >

VON BONGO, How's the progress??

Notices

VON BONGO, How's the progress??

Old 09-19-2003, 12:01 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I know I have posted my reason for selling a few times but I don't want to make you have to hunt for it. When we started the process (Jo has the dates right on) I lived in Iowa and did most of my boating on the Missouri. However I also took a couple of trips to LOTO each year.

I needed a boat that would handle the big lake but be able to comfortably tow 6 1/2 hours each way. The pantera was perfect for that. Also the marina in Bellevue NE where my boat was had no amenities to speak of and I didn't always want to drive home on friday or saturday night so I had Jo add shore power and a great sink and cooler so I could comforably stay on the boat over night in the slip.

However right before the boat was delievered I took a job full time with the largest bank at LOTO as head of their mortgage department so I am now here full time. I also live on the water so I don't really have the desire to overnight in the boat anymore. Also LOTO is a 3-4 foot (or more depending on where you are on the lake) washingmachine and you are constantly running in large cruiser quartering wakes. If the lake were more normal and waves created by wind the boat would be perfect because it eats those all day long. But when you run into head on quartering waves all day there just isn't any substitute for LOA.

The best my boat ran in fresh water and at about 1800 ft above sea level was 74.9. That was with about 2/3 tank of fuel and flat water. When Catt came up we ran 72.3 I think with about 80 Gallons of fuel with he, his wife and Son in pretty flat water. That included having the porta potty on the boat, anchor, cushions and all the other normal stuff. Does that boat have more to give, oh yea, I think with prop tweaking to get up near the rev limit you would be a solid 75-76.

So my circumstance changed and I wanted to start the process of moving up but didn't want to do anything until the 28 was sold. DK really has his boat dialed in and he had about 75-80 more horses at the prop and my, excuse me, Cat's boat weighs a bit more because of the sink and cooler as well as the engine package is heavier by several hundred pounds because of the supercharger and ITS oh and the XR probably sucks up a few more horses.

So that is it in a nut shell...Jo...sorry I haven't returned your e-mail yet, just been swamped this week but I will get back to you by the weekend. So don't read anything into selling the boat after only a year, I was not unhappy with anything about the boat, it was hard to see it pull away last week, but I also know that something awesome will replace it. Plus Cat and I have talked a bunch and I know he will give it a good home.
Old 09-19-2003, 12:05 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Oh, and Jo did not throw in the pair of legs that are showing in the picture he posted and I could't afford to pay for the upgrade myself
Old 09-27-2003, 03:16 PM
Trim it Up!
Platinum Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally posted by JO - PANTERABOATS
I do not think Dangerkittys has anything to gain by exagerating speeds. Pepe @ Pantera

Hi Pepe:

lol, We were side by side with BStubbs in the Gulf & mouth of Tampa Bay, 3 people, 80 gal fuel. The Pantera is super easy to drive and that is the roughest h2o I have been in. Take good care, Hi to Linda.

Charlene