Old 04-14-2002, 08:58 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Cockpit
Attached Thumbnails VON BONGO,  How's the progress??-cockpit.jpg  
Old 04-15-2002, 09:31 AM
Registered

Too Old, since we are using the ITS and it's set back we should get the same effect as a notched transom. Jo also said he really likes to do those on the race boats but not so much on the regular ones.

Oh, FM, I taked to Danger Kitty, our boats have the same layup full cabins. I don't believe his has a notch either but I won't lab the prop here for the river and of course he runs in salt water so that will give him 1-2.

My guess 78.

Day 56

Last edited by Von Bongo; 04-19-2002 at 11:18 AM.
Old 04-15-2002, 12:24 PM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Hey Fred,

The reason I do not go with a notch transom with Mikes set up is with the ITS setback it will be doing about the same effect.I will be raising the drive higher creating less friction and drag and with the blower I need some extra clearence.I have ran the boats both ways and I feel the boat handles better in the ruff with a full bottom.

When it comes to the speed I am confident I will get 77-78 MPH out of the boat with a non labbed finish prop.Everybody is always after the top end number but to me a boat that can handle in rough water and lets you feel confident the boat is going to run thru anything you throw its way and give you a good secure feel with a good reentry is more important to me.

Hey Mike,

Show me the magazine that stated that my 28 ran 63 MPH like you claim with a 500 efi?The August 2000 issue of powerboat did a test on my 28 with a single 500 efi and it was to rough for them to gather any top end tests because it was 4-6 FT. seas out in the Keys.What it says in the article is that it motored to 60 MPH in 20 seconds. BOB Teague said he felt the boat would run 72 MPH.What they also said in the article was how impressed they were on how this 28 handled in water this snotty.The boat felt solid and never creaked or groaned or did anything crazy.It turned well,recovered from flight easily and exhibited no "stepped bottom Voodo."
The other issue was the March 2001 Powerboat and yes they did radar the boat at 68 MPH after the motor in the boat had a down cylinder and was running extremely rich due to the fact that the ecm was dumping extra fuel into the motor because it was detecting a problem.The boat was taken to a Mercruiser dealer in Jacksonville by my customer in which Mercruiser fixed it under Warranty.I do not like to exagerate speeds to my customers.The 28 runs 70-73 MPH with a 500 EFI in a full pleasure configuration.

State the facts correct if you are going to state them.Glenns boat did not take a year it took 7- 8 months and does not have a light lay up in it.It has a regular lay up without a notch and a swim platform on it. Yes it does run 82 MPH with a 600 EFI.The Fountain might be a little faster in calm water due to the bottom being shorter but lets put them in 4-6 foot seas and see which one runs and handles better.Regards, JO
Old 04-15-2002, 09:50 PM
GaryMMM

Smile I saw it

I saw your boat last week. You will be happy when it gets rough and everything holds up. I can't stand sloppy wiring. I guess 75 mph in calm water and 77 in a light chop. This boat may be just right for a four blade (Hydromotive). If you can live with 72 top end the mid range will be hot. Good luck.

Old 04-15-2002, 11:07 PM
Charter Member # 55
Charter Member

Received 1,821 Likes on 907 Posts

DK2, My boat has a full cabin. Just cushions and a closet. I only ran the boat for about an hour of test time before I bought it from HotDuck. HotDuck said the boat would run 71-72mph with the stock 26" bravo prop. After some prop tweeking I'm thinking 73-74mph is well within reach. I should have it out of storage in a week or so and will start playing with it a little then.
Old 04-16-2002, 08:35 AM
Charter Member #71
Charter Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hey Jo !

Please e-mail me when you get a chance...

Thanks,
Wes
Old 04-16-2002, 09:45 PM
Member #154
Platinum Member

Received 864 Likes on 317 Posts

Hey Wes...do I sense a Florida trip coming up??
Old 04-16-2002, 10:16 PM
Registered

Hey Gary,

Thanks for the info on the boat. Jo indicated that the Hydromotive props have too much stern lift and the 28's don't like them.

I am hoping that with the blower I will get good response at all ranges. Griff did you get the letter from the marina about it not opening until the 1st?

Day 57

Last edited by Von Bongo; 04-19-2002 at 11:19 AM.
Old 04-17-2002, 08:21 AM
Charter Member #71
Charter Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

STEVE!!!!

I see you're lurking around here too !!!

I'm looking to sell soon and you know I like to research a little.....

At this point I will only say Jo is a VERY responsive guy! A pleasure to deal with..

Talk to ya soon !
Old 04-17-2002, 02:47 PM
Charter Member # 55
Charter Member

Received 1,821 Likes on 907 Posts

Von, I got the letter and as you'll notice it says "around the 1st of MAY" so who knows when it'll actually open. Not surprising though it always opens late. I took the Baja out on Sunday and both Dodge Park and Sandpiper were NOT open yet either and were also dredging. The river is pretty low. You can get gas at Dodge though. I'll probably get the Pantera out of storage next week.

Quick Reply: VON BONGO, How's the progress??

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.