much lately, hope all is going
well with production. Good
luck to you. Still taking bets?

Old 04-10-2002, 10:28 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Thumbs up

Yes,

The bets are still on , Griff's winning because he is the only one to post a date and a speed!

I haven't talked to Jo in a while, I have a guy that looked at it for me last week and the hull and deck are together, he took some pics but I didn't have him e-mail them yet. He is keeping a scrap book of sorts for me so I will have a record of the boat building. I think that would be kinda neat to pass on to the next owner in about 5 years when I get my 35

Pete is a marine surveyor and he was impressed so far with the quality of the boat. He said we were only able to go about 3 inches lower in the cockpit floor due to a number of factors but he agreed that any lower would be a problem. I waffled around on motors for a few days but ended up staying with the 575 and the ITS.

Hopefully since it's out of the mold things will pick up in the process and we can see some nice pics going forward. I'll give you an update after next weeks look see

Day 51

Last edited by Von Bongo; 04-19-2002 at 11:15 AM.
Old 04-10-2002, 12:08 PM
Member #154
Platinum Member

Received 864 Likes on 317 Posts

Von Bongo - did you go 3 inches lower because of the realtively shallow freeboard of the boat? I've heard Jo post that he could lower the floor, but I didn't know that 3 inches was the limit?
I'm just curious because Pantera is one of the boats I'll be looking at when I decide to pull the trigger (couple more years unfortunatley ). Also, why did you go with a big single instead of twins? Thanks...Steve
Old 04-11-2002, 09:59 AM
Registered

3 inches was as low as it could go with my understanding and still have the cockpit liner. I believe that Pete said it needed to maintain clearance with the hull sides. If that isn't exactly right Jo will chime in I am sure but that was my understanding.

After talking to Jo and other pantera owners I decided on the single for the balance of the boat. Adding 1000 lbs additional in the rear makes it a little stern heavy, however there are quite a number of twins out there so it is a popular option. I thought about twin scorpions and 496ho's but finally decided for the price and the maint costs the single made the most sense. I also felt the resale would be higher with a Merc motor.

I also wanted the ITS system and it is only available on the 500 and the 575. I thought that twin 500's was out of my budget and Jo (I feel) gave me a very good deal on the 575 upgrade from the 500. With the setback of the ITS and it's built in hydraulic steering I think it is cheaper than a box and hydraulic steering, plus it looks cleaner.

Day 52

I have requested a number of other options like shorepower, a sink and got to chose all the gauges, colors, shifters blah blah so that was another reason I chose Pantera.

Last edited by Von Bongo; 04-19-2002 at 11:16 AM.
Old 04-12-2002, 04:29 PM
Registered

Here is this weeks' progress report.

Jo called today to discuss painting the transom I decided to leave it white. I think with the white swim platform it will look fine. Plus I feel that too much blue doesn't look good on a boat. His painter will add the shadows and then clear coat the whole deal. Paint time is estimated at 2-2 1/2 weeks from the get go. They are going to go with my design I posted on Glen's boat below. We are still going to go with the painted hull above the transom in blue and the sun pad like in the photo. The deck will have a "ribbon" of red and white (2 red and 1 white stripe) running down the center with a white fairing and the Pantera written in Red. They have painted the engine compartment.

Right now they are working on the cabin and I asked Pete to stop out next week for a full update and some new pictures. I'll try to post a few then.

Day 53

Last edited by Von Bongo; 04-19-2002 at 11:16 AM.
Old 04-13-2002, 11:18 PM
Charter Member # 55
Charter Member

Received 1,814 Likes on 903 Posts

FM, I'm sure Von's hoping that neither one of your predictions are correct.
Old 04-14-2002, 08:47 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Griff:

What kind of speed do you get out of the 525SC? Do you have a full cabin? DK2
Old 04-14-2002, 08:42 PM
Registered

I've got a few pics now, I need to reduce the file size then I will post them.
Old 04-14-2002, 08:56 PM
Registered

Heres the boat about 8 days ago

4-14 is day 55
Attached Thumbnails VON BONGO,  How's the progress??-untitled.jpg  

Last edited by Von Bongo; 04-19-2002 at 11:17 AM.
Old 04-14-2002, 08:57 PM
Registered

Picture a 575 in here
Attached Thumbnails VON BONGO,  How's the progress??-engine.jpg  

Last edited by Von Bongo; 04-14-2002 at 09:39 PM.

Quick Reply: VON BONGO, How's the progress??

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.