One of a kind >

One of a kind

Notices

One of a kind

Old 04-24-2002, 10:50 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Kewl,

Jo said he had one boat to paint before mine so that must be yours. Looking forward to seeing pictures of it!
Old 04-25-2002, 02:40 AM
Charter Member
Charter Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I drove a superboat 24 with an old merc 300 and it could hit about 65 on the speedo. that engine probably made 300 at the flywheel on a good day and the hull is a copy of the pantera 24. It would be interesting how yours will handle with a true 250 at the prop. If you need more speed I think the 300X would get close to 70 at sea level because it is 300+ hp at the prop. and would handle very nicely. The Yamaha probably will have it beat in reliability and longevivity and could be modified to get 300 and 65+ speeds though. Let us know how it works out. The Ironman.
Old 04-25-2002, 02:45 AM
Charter Member
Charter Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I would also try an over hub merc chopper if you do not intend on using the boat for skiing much. good luck The Ironman.
Old 06-10-2002, 09:50 PM
GaryMMM

Default PICS OF PAINT

The paint is done and it looks great in person. Scott and Pepe came through. Von Bongo's boat is in the shop and get a major flag layout. What do you think about this paint? GaryM
Attached Thumbnails One of a kind-dsc00434.jpg  

Old 06-10-2002, 10:07 PM
KN
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up

Gary the paint looks awesome, that is one of the nicest boats I've ever seen. Congratulations you must be very pleased. I think I talked to you about your old boat when it was for sale and you sent me some pictures, it was white and red and had a 454 short block was that you? When do you think your new boat will be done? And keep the pictures coming, good luck

Kirk
Old 06-16-2002, 10:23 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Gary,

How's it coming???
Old 06-16-2002, 09:42 PM
GaryMMM

The rigging is going well. Pepe picked out a beautiful red anodized steering wheel, red anodized bezels for the Yamaha instruments, red grap handles throughout (powder coated) and the wiring is race quality. The hydraulic steering is in and the hatch will be electrically activated. It needs engine installation (most of the wiring is plug in harnesses) and the interior is coming soon. It may be done in a week or so. You are next so when I see your paint, I will write again. GaryM