Notices

28 in CL

Old 02-23-2010, 02:58 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I dont remember if it has the bench, does have some kinda wetbar or something on one side(you can see it behind the seat), and last I saw it on the river down here, it had bottom paint(since he leaves it in the water as shown in the pics), and didnt look well cared for. Those motors are gas hogs, but it still sounds like a good deal at $19000, you have around $10,000 in motors hanging off the back. This owner has only had it for a few years, it spent some time(a year or so) on a trailer at Fastboats before that. I dont see why it wouldnt run around 70, my 24 runs 60 on one of those motors.

Last edited by rchevelle71; 02-23-2010 at 03:01 PM.
Old 02-24-2010, 04:31 PM
Registered

The bench doesnt run the full width of the cockpit, there is a small livewell on the port side. Their is a sink and storage behind the passenger seat. It ran 68 mph w/o bottom paint.

Edit Marine completed it and rigged it because Pantera couldnt seem to get it done or get the engines we PAID for (300x's). It was bare hull when we got it from them. Pantera still owes over 80k to us on this boat on a settlement that they agreed to but then never paid. OSO office has a copy of the settlement and once offered to buy it when they thought it was BS, but then quickly changed their tune when they got a copy of the court docs.

After all was said and done including legal fees we have over 150k into this boat. we traded it on a NT to Fastboats dec 04. It is a great boat for running to shooters with 5 ppl. I dont know who ended up buying it from fastboats but saw it in the ICW in Pompano many times.
Old 02-24-2010, 06:59 PM
Registered

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by LostinBoston
The bench doesnt run the full width of the cockpit, there is a small livewell on the port side. Their is a sink and storage behind the passenger seat. It ran 68 mph w/o bottom paint.

Edit Marine completed it and rigged it because Pantera couldnt seem to get it done or get the engines we PAID for (300x's). It was bare hull when we got it from them. Pantera still owes over 80k to us on this boat on a settlement that they agreed to but then never paid. OSO office has a copy of the settlement and once offered to buy it when they thought it was BS, but then quickly changed their tune when they got a copy of the court docs.

After all was said and done including legal fees we have over 150k into this boat. we traded it on a NT to Fastboats dec 04. It is a great boat for running to shooters with 5 ppl. I dont know who ended up buying it from fastboats but saw it in the ICW in Pompano many times.

Well thats history.... So lets keep this a about the boat and not about personal problems.

Ill stick up for Jo and PP. They are GREAT people and have helped me a ton and They are the reason im buying pantera.

LIB sorry for your problems lets just keep this about the the boat.

do you have any pics of the rear seating area? and just that general area?

BUT L.I.B. I would totally understand why your mad i would be too... Their is always two sides of the story. Just sucks that it happened and more than once back in the day. I know FT525 Likes his after the dust settled.

Last edited by slpcamaross97; 02-24-2010 at 07:25 PM.
Old 02-24-2010, 07:55 PM
Registered

There's a 28 by me on trailer, raised hatch/scoop, no power. Curious if it is or was a raceboat? It's been shrinkwrapped since I noticed it a while ago but I'm 99.9% sure it's a Pantera. It's just before the DNR launch at the Clinton river I can see if there's a # on the building this weekend if ya want...
Old 02-24-2010, 09:18 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by POWERPLAY J
There's a 28 by me on trailer, raised hatch/scoop, no power. Curious if it is or was a raceboat? It's been shrinkwrapped since I noticed it a while ago but I'm 99.9% sure it's a Pantera. It's just before the DNR launch at the Clinton river I can see if there's a # on the building this weekend if ya want...
HUMM.

PM sent
Old 02-25-2010, 08:32 AM
JC Performance Engines
Gold Member

Received 20 Likes on 17 Posts

Lostinboston, thanks for the info.
It's what makes this site so great, that the history of so many boats is so readily available.
Old 02-25-2010, 09:16 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by slpcamaross97
Just sucks that it happened and more than once back in the day. I know FT525 Likes his after the dust settled.
So you know that they screwed over more then one customer but yet you still think they are "great" people. Search court documents on them and there are lawsuits going back to the late 70's. I've been quiet about it for years hoping they will eventually come around but now I'm sick of it. We paid for a complete boat with 300x's. They sold us engines that they never had, and could never get, thats FRAUD. We got a bare hull. They agreed to a settlement then never paid. They change the name of their company every few years from Pantera Boats to Pantera Racing or similar BS to try and avoid these lawsuits.

Keeping it about the boat: EDIT MARINE did a great job building this boat, but I would never buy a new pantera or deal with Jo or Pepe on anything.
Old 03-01-2010, 03:42 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by POWERPLAY J
did some calling around and found out that is a Voliscity(sp) race boat. its actually for sale just hull.
Old 03-01-2010, 04:39 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by slpcamaross97
did some calling around and found out that is a Voliscity(sp) race boat. its actually for sale just hull.
hmmm... sorry bout that. It doesnt look like a velocity...
Old 03-01-2010, 09:40 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Is it red? If so that's the PFE raceboat that will be out this year, crockett's old ride.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.