Pantera Restoration UK

Notices

Pantera Restoration UK

Old 05-05-2010, 03:45 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by rchevelle71
SO,

the dash was rotten, and the bulkeads were moist, but the stringers and transom were dry?? Weird, it was the oppossite on my 24
yea the stringers and transom was moist too. i used one of those moisture testers. anywhere where there was ply wood was moist but yep all round the cabin door was rotten
Old 05-05-2010, 10:36 PM
Registered

nice like the black stripe but... 8 weeks, 8 weeks and a wife, dam!! maybe,I need to find me a wife. Good job J
Old 05-06-2010, 02:15 AM
Registered

Default good job

well done Jerard boat looks great nice to see another 28pantera in the uk ,are you on a lake or in the salty stuff. Uppholestery looks good too did you get it done in uk. ALL WE NEED NOW IS SOME GOOD WEATHER !!!!! you could probley build another 28 befor we see any of that, . good luck
Old 05-06-2010, 04:36 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by paul buckner
well done Jerard boat looks great nice to see another 28pantera in the uk ,are you on a lake or in the salty stuff. Uppholestery looks good too did you get it done in uk. ALL WE NEED NOW IS SOME GOOD WEATHER !!!!! you could probley build another 28 befor we see any of that, . good luck
hi paul im on a fresh water lake called lough neagh its really nice and i live right beside it i made the bolster seats myself
i used insulating foam (kingspan) pieced it all together and put a couple of layers of fibre class on them very strong and very light
then a neighbour of mine covered them with leather
i cant believe how well they turned out
Old 05-06-2010, 08:31 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by gerard
yea the stringers and transom was moist too. i used one of those moisture testers. anywhere where there was ply wood was moist but yep all round the cabin door was rotten
Thats cool, I am not busting on ya in any way, I rode mine for 3 years with a wet transom before I replaced it. Do yourself a favor though, try to find out how it got wet, and stop it before it gets any worse, maybe even try to dry it out somehow. Beutiful boat by the way
Old 05-06-2010, 11:27 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by rchevelle71
Thats cool, I am not busting on ya in any way, I rode mine for 3 years with a wet transom before I replaced it. Do yourself a favor though, try to find out how it got wet, and stop it before it gets any worse, maybe even try to dry it out somehow. Beutiful boat by the way
the boat lay outside in the uk weather for some time with no drives and the transom was open to the wind and rain witch was probably the reason why the dash area was rotten
the boat was lying with the bow up
so any water that got in the boat ran to the back and out tru the holes in the transon
i drilled a few 2 inch holes in the transom half way into the ply wood it seemed to dry out really well with a heater on the outside and a dehumidifyer on the inside
it was the last thing i wanted to do was replace the transom
so hopefully i wont have any problems in the future
i never got a chance to weigh the boat before i launched it

have you any idea the weight of a single 28
Old 05-06-2010, 11:55 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by gerard
the boat lay outside in the uk weather for some time with no drives and the transom was open to the wind and rain witch was probably the reason why the dash area was rotten
the boat was lying with the bow up
so any water that got in the boat ran to the back and out tru the holes in the transon
i drilled a few 2 inch holes in the transom half way into the ply wood it seemed to dry out really well with a heater on the outside and a dehumidifyer on the inside
it was the last thing i wanted to do was replace the transom
so hopefully i wont have any problems in the future
i never got a chance to weigh the boat before i launched it

have you any idea the weight of a single 28
I do not, but if you call Pepe at the factory, I am sure he can help.
Old 05-07-2010, 07:11 AM
Charter Member
Charter Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

The factory spec is approx 5250 for the newer 28 singles with a bravo style drive. The spec I found for the older singles with a transmission style driveline was approx 5500. All of the race layups were much lighter.
Old 05-07-2010, 04:37 PM
Registered

Default Pantera first run!

Hi all, got the Pantera out today for the first good run in a 2ft chop, this thing handles like it is on rails! however with trim down full my maximum rpm is 3600 at 48mph with a slight touch of the trim it goes to 52mph but a touch higher just to lift the bow a little i start to lose speed and it throws a little tail, the trim doesnt seem to do alot for it could this be that 17.5 x dimesnions is too high or do i need a different prop. I was talkin to Brett at BBLades he seems to think a p5x will do the trick as im getting too much prop slip from the 28 4 blade. What do you guys think?
Cheers Gerard
Old 05-08-2010, 02:32 AM
Registered

good speed

hi there Gerard great that you got the boat wet ,i cant help you with your Xdiamentions but i think the speed you got was good and not far off from wot you were hopeing for ,300hp and 5000---5500 pound and 52mph sounds good to me ,you sound very happy with your boat ,let us no how you get on with a prop change ps was that trailer pulled by horses when new

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.