Similar 24x7 hulls to a Pantera? >

Similar 24x7 hulls to a Pantera?

Notices

Similar 24x7 hulls to a Pantera?

Old 09-23-2010, 11:21 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by biohzrd
How will one of these 24x7 hulls perform with a bracket and single outboard around 250-300hp?
I think its a great idea. One guy who came to see my 24 Rocket had that exact idea. Glass up the cutouts, slap on an outboard and slide the seat rearward 4 feet! Cheap ride that would make a great weekend toy.
Old 09-27-2010, 05:12 PM
Registered

Default 24x7

Sounds great. Getting an old 25' Martini that has already been converted to outboard with a bracket. Was thinking of pushing the rear seat back similar to my old 30' o/b Velocity, but the upolstery is in too nice of shape to do that anytime soon. Maybe once it needs to be replaced I will. Plus in the 25' there is a little more room between the seats. Can't wait to get it, and rig it up. I will post up some pics when I get it. (hopefully it will be this weekend) Mid 60's would be great....70's would be AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 09-28-2010, 03:49 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Sounds great. Getting an old 25' Martini that has already been converted to outboard with a bracket. Was thinking of pushing the rear seat back similar to my old 30' o/b Velocity, but the upolstery is in too nice of shape to do that anytime soon. Maybe once it needs to be replaced I will. Plus in the 25' there is a little more room between the seats. Can't wait to get it, and rig it up. I will post up some pics when I get it. (hopefully it will be this weekend) Mid 60's would be great....70's would be AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!
What Motor would you be running? What setback on the bracket? Full platform, or just setback?
Old 09-29-2010, 10:35 AM
Registered

Default Martini

Not sure what engine yet. Something in the 250 to 300hp range for sure. Was even kicking around the idea of a 300hp Johnson V-8. Lots of torque, and easy to get a lot of power out of them on pump gas.
It is set up with just a single engine bracket with about 18" of set back. Havn't put my hands on it yet, and still waiting on delivery. I am getting some teak swim platforms that fit on each side of the motor with it. May put them on aswell. I will post some pics up when I get it.
Old 09-29-2010, 10:57 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Not sure what engine yet. Something in the 250 to 300hp range for sure. Was even kicking around the idea of a 300hp Johnson V-8. Lots of torque, and easy to get a lot of power out of them on pump gas.
It is set up with just a single engine bracket with about 18" of set back. Havn't put my hands on it yet, and still waiting on delivery. I am getting some teak swim platforms that fit on each side of the motor with it. May put them on aswell. I will post some pics up when I get it.
The V-8 may be a little heavy on 18" setback, also parts are harder to find, a Nice 250 EFI Modded to closer to 300HP would be a turn key, reliable setup, and less weight hanging out back. I LOVE my EFI for turn key reliability.
Old 09-29-2010, 05:02 PM
Registered

I understand the weight and reliability issues far too well. Believe it or not, the old v-8's weight about the same or less than the new 4 strokes.
Who says you can't have efi on an old v-8. been looking at a MADEFI setup aswell as building my own efi setup. Have a good friend that builds hardware and software for vehicle efi, and is itching to get into the 2-stroke outboard side of things. He is wanting to use whatever I get as a test bed for his stuff, and is even willing to buy it if he breaks it type of thing. I do like the Yamaha, and Merc efi/hpdi systems though. Just kinda high priced for a good low hour, rebuilt setup around my neck of the woods. Youguys in S. Florida can find all of the good deals!!!!
Old 10-28-2010, 11:23 AM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Any chance we can rename this thread the 24x7 thread and sticky it?
Old 11-03-2010, 07:08 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Buster75
Don't forget about the Progression 24. I hear they are great rough water boats and very well built. The hulls they sell as pleasure boats are identical to the hulls they race with.
Progression is a 24x8 with a variable dead rise 22-24 degree.
Old 06-21-2013, 09:23 AM
Registered

Received 568 Likes on 340 Posts

Does anyone know of one of these available sans engine and drive. I've got a bravo and a 400hp vortec small block in some abandoned projects that would be awesome in one of these. Hydraulic steering would be a bonus.

Any idea how fast that rig would be?

I've got a rebuildable 454 available too.
Old 06-21-2013, 01:56 PM
JC Performance Engines
Gold Member

Received 20 Likes on 17 Posts

http://www.powerboatlistings.com/view/21698

This would be my choice for you.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.