Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Owners Forum > Pantera
Been Lurking here...Time to say Hello... >

Been Lurking here...Time to say Hello...

Notices

Been Lurking here...Time to say Hello...

Old 08-08-2010, 08:58 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Been Lurking here...Time to say Hello...

After buying a 1978 SE 24 last May at a garage sale, and carefully waking it up from a 12+year storage, we are running a very original (time capsule) boat, and really having some fun with it. The Hull and interior colors are as delivered, Pepe told me there were only 2 with black hull/gold deck built. It has the teak dash/top deck and will have the teak floor later this year. This is my first attempt at putting up a photo link here so... http://www.flickr.com/photos/edgood/4864260163/
Old 08-08-2010, 11:16 AM
Registered

Default wellcome

Originally Posted by TeamK4W
After buying a 1978 SE 24 last May at a garage sale, and carefully waking it up from a 12+year storage, we are running a very original (time capsule) boat, and really having some fun with it. The Hull and interior colors are as delivered, Pepe told me there were only 2 with black hull/gold deck built. It has the teak dash/top deck and will have the teak floor later this year. This is my first attempt at putting up a photo link here so... http://www.flickr.com/photos/edgood/4864260163/
hi there pic came out fine boat looks great its a testimonial to the guys that build these boats pepe and jo , good luck with your new pantera 24 paul from england

Last edited by paul buckner; 08-08-2010 at 01:09 PM.
Old 08-08-2010, 11:25 AM
Registered

Real cool looking boat, I remember here in Miami a 24 Sport model with the same paint scheme. I believe it was call Thunderball. Real nice. Do you have any more pics of the interior engine etc...
Old 08-09-2010, 08:44 AM
Back out of the Game!
Gold Member

Yes, looks great and welcome aboard! - we would love to see more pictures!
Old 08-09-2010, 09:09 AM
Registered

Default Nice

Got to love those garage sales
Old 08-10-2010, 08:00 PM
Registered

I'll get some interior and top deck images up soon. Turns out this is the first step down into the cuddy 24 that Pepe built...so the wind screen and top deck look different from other early boats.... and yes...it was a GREAT garage sale...

Keith
Old 08-17-2010, 08:57 PM
Registered

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

Sure does look like a mix between the sport and SE. Has deck like the sport in the back w/a pointed windscreen in front like an SE...cool!
Old 08-18-2010, 05:46 PM
tsp
Registered

What a find. It looks sweet. What's the story on the boat? Why was it in storage so long?
Old 08-18-2010, 09:05 PM
Registered

The boat sat in storage for years 2 blocks from my house. The owner put it up after squirrels ate the wiring at the family summer cottage on Rounds Bay Thousand Islands area. He brought it home to Wilson and pulled the interior and got most of the wiring handled... Then he got cancer...it didn't go well... I'd never been in the garage, his widow that we do know well was having a garage sale, he had lots of old tools... I needed stuff for our camp... buying shovels and stuff, walk into the next bay...there she was... wood and sheets of plywood laying agianst her, and filthy, but all there... walked home, walked back with my wife... she liked it too... made one phone call to check the number I was thinking, made the offer...bought it real right... because it runs strong...if it hadn't I would have still been ok... just not this happy... I'll set up a fliker account soon and get the top deck and interior photos up... any of you Toronto folks ever head across Ontario?