Pantera Owners Rally >

Pantera Owners Rally

Notices

Pantera Owners Rally

Old 09-18-2010, 08:25 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cool

Yep that would be cool, I used to go to the Donzi Owners Rallies in Sarasota at the Hyatt when we used to have them.

One of the biggest logistical challenges was launching and then storing the Trailers in a Safe and Secure Lot for the Event.

Worked out great, but its definitely something to consider depending on how many boats would attend. Most Hotels cant accomadate too many Trailers in their lots.

Worse than that, is just getting around the Boulevards and all the Drama associated with the idiots who do not consider whats involved in parking and retrieving the trailer - by how they park around you or box you in.

We tow 15 to 20,000 miles a Season to various Poker Runs and I have seen some ridiculous set ups for where we are to leave our Rigs at some.

Just trying to plan ahead is all. I have a couple of buddies in the Miami area, but I hate to impose.

The other consideration is after we pull out is there going to be a place to wash off the Salt and Flush the Motors for us Northerners who have to haul a couple days home?

I used to practically own stock in "Salt Away" - but it worked great for the little Donzi.

Danny Pantera

Last edited by Dr. Dan; 01-10-2011 at 10:58 PM.
Old 09-18-2010, 10:00 PM
instigator
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by Dr. Dan
Yep that would be cool, I used to go to the Donzi Owners Rallies in Sarasota at the Hyatt when we used to have them.

One of the biggest logistical challenges was launching and then storing the Trailers in a Safe and Secure Lot for the Event.

Worked out great, but its definitely something to consider depending on how many boats would attend. Most Hotels cant accomadate too many Trailers in their lots.

Worse than that, is just getting around the Boulevards and all the Drama associated with the idiots who do not consider whats involved in parking and retrieving the trailer - by how they park around you or box you in.

We tow 15 to 20,000 miles a Season to various Poker Runs and I have seen some ridiculous set ups for where we are to leave our Rigs at some.

Just trying to plan ahead is all. I have a couple of buddies in the Miami area, but I hate to impose.

The other consideration is after we pull out is there going to be a place to wash off the Salt and Flush the Motors for us Northerners who have to hall a couple days home?

I used to practically own stock in "Salt Away" - but it worked great for the little Donzi.

Danny Pantera
I got a spot fer ya in the back yard Danny...
Old 09-19-2010, 12:04 AM
Registered

all good questions Dan, most of us prob dont think about. It would make the trip alot better. Whats the furthest pker run you travel to?
Old 09-19-2010, 02:24 PM
Registered

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Guys I am working on all of the logistics and will have more info in the near future.
Anyone who lives down here in South Fl. that can help me organize this please contact me via PM...thanks Angel.

Last edited by Pantera24; 09-19-2010 at 03:22 PM.
Old 09-20-2010, 09:30 AM
Registered

Received 103 Likes on 75 Posts

Sounds like alot of fun. Are you thinking a 2 day thing or longer?
Old 09-20-2010, 03:30 PM
Registered

Cool

Originally Posted by BUIZILLA
I got a spot fer ya in the back yard Danny...
Jimmy - Thanks for the offer...we'll see what comes together, if I come down you gotta come ride with me. We'll have to get Scotty too.

We're pushing over 700 Ponies now, and more in Torque. We had an unplanned modification occur - that I had to handle. Always something?

Danny

Last edited by Dr. Dan; 10-02-2010 at 02:34 PM.
Old 09-20-2010, 03:41 PM
Registered

Cool

Originally Posted by JAIME
all good questions Dan, most of us prob dont think about. It would make the trip alot better. Whats the furthest pker run you travel to?
Jaimie, usually the Sarasota Run was the longest, although I have pulled out to Lake Cumberland before with the little boat.

I have not taken the Pantera there yet. We'll see about next year, every time I turn around the Pantera is misbehavin...and stealing more Ca$h. Imagine that Huh?

I love running to different venues,, I have gone to Lake Winni - in New Hampshire, Lake George - New York, and 1000 Islands with some regularity.

Fact is my local boating in the Chesapeake Bay is pretty awesome...so I really don't have to go any where, but I do to see friends and places that now are like a 2nd home.

Most of the runs I arrive on Thursday, get the boat in the Slip and all the Registrations and Drama of the local venue all settled. Most Events begin on Friday with some semi- organized Dinner or Cocktail arrival party - they have a main event Run on Saturday, with a Dinner and awards on Saturday Night, Sunday is an early run or Brunch Run - then alot of folks head out, to head home.

If I am hauling over 6 hours - I usually make a long weekend of it.

Danny Pantera
Old 09-20-2010, 03:43 PM
instigator
Platinum Member

10-4
Old 09-30-2010, 12:27 PM
Registered

Received 103 Likes on 75 Posts

Any news on this?
Old 10-01-2010, 12:22 PM
Registered

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by bigboat28
Any news on this?
Last I heard it was changed to Lake of the Ozarks.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.