Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Owners Forum > Pantera
Help Please - How do you open the engine hatch when the batteries are dead? >

Help Please - How do you open the engine hatch when the batteries are dead?

Notices

Help Please - How do you open the engine hatch when the batteries are dead?

Old 10-23-2010, 01:39 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help Please - How do you open the engine hatch when the batteries are dead?

For some reason, my batteries went dead. As a result the engine compartment hatch (electric) won't open.
Any tricks to get it open?
Thanks
Old 10-23-2010, 01:47 PM
Registered

Morgan had told me that you can jump it by using the hatch switch connections using little aligator clips.

I am having a Jumper Outlet installed in mine, to avoid the drama. It was one of the first questions I had when I bought mine.

Eddie Marine sells nice ones for $125 or you can have a less fancy one made up by someone who is knowledgeable - like Jason.

Here is the link : http://www.eddiemarine.com/store/car...l&p=26358&c=79

He should know how to jump the connections, if not give me a call and I can put you in touch with Morgan or Holden.

Good Luck -

BTW I have a couple of really good pics from our Atlantic City rendevous on race weekend. I will get some Pics printed for you...they look great.

Say Hi to Janice.

Danny Pantera

Last edited by Dr. Dan; 10-23-2010 at 02:30 PM.
Old 10-23-2010, 08:37 PM
Registered

Danny is right by having a Jumper Box so that you can charging your batteries. The same has happen to me - I have Jumper Connections located under my back seat. I also has the same hapen to my 24' Pantera, but I was lucky that the Sun-Pad was attached with snaps. I unscrewed the bolts from the engine hatch and let the arm fall and pulled up the engine hatch. Take the connections from under the dash and use some aligator clips and connect them to a battery. Good luck and I hope that you get your hatch up...
Old 10-24-2010, 12:29 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Norm, Is the battery switch under your back seat? Doug
Old 10-24-2010, 07:47 AM
Registered

on my 28 there are pos and neg terminals under back seat right next to the round plastic pullout good for jump starting or charging batt!! to get the hatch up put 12volts to the hatch switch from another batt!! regards paul . England
Old 10-24-2010, 09:52 AM
Back out of the Game!
Gold Member

I went with a sliding tube connection and pull pin so I can lift the hatch up a few inches and pull the pin out for full release. That way even if there is a wiring or actuator failure of any kind I can still get the hatch up, even if I'm out on the water. Just an FYI for the future.

Also I have hatch locks on each side of the front if I need to lock the hatch down for a rough run .....
Attached Thumbnails Help Please - How do you open the engine hatch when the batteries are dead?-hatch-pin-small.jpg   Help Please - How do you open the engine hatch when the batteries are dead?-lock-pin.jpg  
Old 10-24-2010, 12:55 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by outriggers
Norm, Is the battery switch under your back seat? Doug
yes
Old 10-24-2010, 01:03 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Green Eyes
For some reason, my batteries went dead. As a result the engine compartment hatch (electric) won't open.
Any tricks to get it open?
Thanks
OK, Jason at Performance Marine (Lake George) has given me the solution. Overnight trickle charge via the ignition key switch in the dash. The open the hatch, recharge the batteries and install a jumper box under the back seat.
Thanks everyone.
Old 10-24-2010, 01:10 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Trickle charge thru a cigarette lighter adapter to.
Old 10-25-2010, 02:35 AM
Charter Member # 55
Charter Member

Received 1,821 Likes on 907 Posts

All you need to do is a hook a wire to a good battery, jump box or battery charger and touch it or alligator clip it to the back of the hatch switch under the dash.

One of my batteries on my 28 would drain slow from the stereo and it was the same battery that opened the hatch.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.