Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Owners Forum > Pantera
Windscreen on a 28'...who's got a pattern? >

Windscreen on a 28'...who's got a pattern?

Notices

Windscreen on a 28'...who's got a pattern?

Old 01-31-2011, 10:14 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Windscreen on a 28'...who's got a pattern?

Anyone ever extend the windshield on a 28'? The wind is pretty brutal over 70MPH. I'm gonna have some younger passengers this season and want to try and cut down on the tears. Don't like those gay flaps I've seen on HTM's etc. Looking to make a pattern with plexi or something that looks cool. Thoughts?
Old 01-31-2011, 11:43 AM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Ive been trying to come up with an idea for the same reasons. Have seen plexi ones that are attached to the back side of the fairing that look ok, but I dont have room to do it on my boat. I have been kicking around insetting a lexan shield into a wood/fiberglass base that could be attached to the top of the fairing with some sort of quick locks or bolts, so it could be installed/removed as you need it.
Old 01-31-2011, 01:01 PM
Registered

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

use glasses
Old 01-31-2011, 01:37 PM
Registered

Received 103 Likes on 75 Posts

Yea, googles LOL
Old 01-31-2011, 02:14 PM
Registered

Received 25 Likes on 14 Posts

what about something like on the top guns, a 4 or 5 inch pience of lexan or plexi just on top of the fairing?
Old 01-31-2011, 03:04 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Perlmudder
what about something like on the top guns, a 4 or 5 inch pience of lexan or plexi just on top of the fairing?
Interesting....my buddy has a tg....we have been saying that for a year...
Roblem is the angle and Bends on the Pantera are so much different. The tg is pretty much straight up and down. Not sure how it would look on mine?? Can't believe Pantera hasn't done anything like this! Somebody has to have one
Old 02-01-2011, 07:09 PM
Registered

Received 25 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by Viperchad
Interesting....my buddy has a tg....we have been saying that for a year...
Roblem is the angle and Bends on the Pantera are so much different. The tg is pretty much straight up and down. Not sure how it would look on mine?? Can't believe Pantera hasn't done anything like this! Somebody has to have one
The V shape of the fairing would make it look a bit strange if the plexi was almost vertical. What about the same angle as the fairing? That might just direct more wind into your face instead of over your head.
Old 02-01-2011, 09:14 PM
Registered

The V shape of the fairing would make it look a bit strange if the plexi was almost vertical. What about the same angle as the fairing? That might just direct more wind into your face instead of over your head.
I was thinking the same thing man. Pepe suggested about 3" straight up and down. I wish I could put the damn thing in a wind tunnel or something. Lexan isn't cheap and I'd rather know the exact recipe before I go and start rigging things....don't want the piece to come off at speed either.....that thing could turn into a machete pretty fast too!!! I still can't believe nobody else has done this!?!
Old 02-02-2011, 01:56 AM
Charter Member # 55
Charter Member

Received 1,815 Likes on 903 Posts

I thought about that on my 28, but there really was no good way to attach it. You really need a wind deflector at least 10" high and it has to be completely vertical to make a difference if you are standing. I put flip ups on mine and it helped a lot if I was sitting in the bolster. They were about 6" tall. If I was standing, they deflected even more wind into my face. BTW, I'm pretty average at 5'10" tall.
It would also be very difficult to fabricate something around the dash and so the cabin entry top door would not hit it.
Attached Thumbnails Windscreen on a 28'...who's got a pattern?-helm.jpg  

Last edited by Griff; 02-02-2011 at 01:58 AM.
Old 02-02-2011, 08:29 AM
Registered

Yah, the flips ups to me look cheesy. Who did you get yours from. Maybe there's another design I'm not familiar with?? I am about 6'2" and was hoping to be able to stand and not feel like I'm staring down a leaf blower. Pepe seems to think that a small piece completely verticle about 2-3 inches would do the trick. I'm a bit skeptical considering the low profile of the mold and the fact that I'm basically getting wind at mid chest standing. There's got to be a better solution??

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.