Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Owners Forum > Pantera
Windscreen on a 28'...who's got a pattern? >

Windscreen on a 28'...who's got a pattern?

Notices

Windscreen on a 28'...who's got a pattern?

Old 02-02-2011, 10:47 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi viper chad you decided to keep your boat looks good in your avatar the hard bit about the wind deflecter is doing one that works and doesnt spoil the look of the boat did you try anything new last year prop wise?
Old 02-02-2011, 12:08 PM
Charter Member # 55
Charter Member

Received 1,821 Likes on 907 Posts

I think they were a Livorsi closeout. They are just like what was on older Top Guns. I did have my fairing all re-gel coated and there was no LOGO on the fairing. Here is a better pic.
Attached Thumbnails Windscreen on a 28'...who's got a pattern?-cockpit-large-.jpg  
Old 02-02-2011, 12:22 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Griff
I think they were a Livorsi closeout. They are just like what was on older Top Guns. I did have my fairing all re-gel coated and there was no LOGO on the fairing. Here is a better pic.
Hmmm..those aren't bad Griff. Problem is I would have to lose the Pantera logo...which I wasn't tii crazy about anyway. Would rather have the eyes instead. Maybe that will work??
Old 02-02-2011, 12:23 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by paul buckner
Hi viper chad you decided to keep your boat looks good in your avatar the hard bit about the wind deflecter is doing one that works and doesnt spoil the look of the boat did you try anything new last year prop wise?
Hey Paul. She's mine for now. As for props, ran MR lab bed 30s and put the throttle up 28s away towards the end of the season. Saw my best speed with the MR 30's
Old 02-02-2011, 12:38 PM
Registered

What about these http://www.windaway.com/index.html
Old 02-03-2011, 01:31 AM
Charter Member # 55
Charter Member

Originally Posted by Viperchad
Hmmm..those aren't bad Griff. Problem is I would have to lose the Pantera logo...which I wasn't tii crazy about anyway. Would rather have the eyes instead. Maybe that will work??
I had them on before I had the fairing re gel coated and had the standard logo all the way across. It didn't look right. I always meant to get a smaller logo made to go between them.
Old 02-03-2011, 07:04 AM
Registered

Why don't you just get two pieces of 1/8" lexan and attached them to the back of the fairing. You can rivet nut insert and use thumb screws to extend them when you need it and retract it when you don't. If I still have my boat by summer that is what I am going to do.
Old 02-03-2011, 11:59 AM
Charter Member # 55
Charter Member

Originally Posted by VelocityRick
Why don't you just get two pieces of 1/8" lexan and attached them to the back of the fairing. You can rivet nut insert and use thumb screws to extend them when you need it and retract it when you don't. If I still have my boat by summer that is what I am going to do.
I looked at doing that. The 2 problems I saw was not having any room behind the helm to be able to mount them and the second was that the angle was not vertical enough to divert the wind upward.
Old 02-03-2011, 04:12 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Griff
I looked at doing that. The 2 problems I saw was not having any room behind the helm to be able to mount them and the second was that the angle was not vertical enough to divert the wind upward.
Yes. What he said. Griff do u still have those other wind screens?
Old 02-03-2011, 04:36 PM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Yes. What he said. Griff do u still have those other wind screens?
I have a set of flip-ups like shown in Griff's picture. If I get something else made you can have them, might be spring before I get it done though.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.