Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter

Thread: My Next House

Back out of the Game! Gold Member mikeb4's Avatar
    My Boats:
    2003 Pantera 28

My Next House

Maybe I can talk him into letting me clean the boats and do maintenance for free room & board!

Local house in Northern Michigan ...

http://www.hgtv.com/video/boat-owner...deo/index.html
    Sold Boats, but not forgotten:
    2003 Pantera 28 F2
    1986 Cig 21
    1987 38 Cig Top Gun
    1978 Cig 28 SS
    1981 Formula 302
    1978 Donzi 18 2+3
    1981 & 1987 - Wellcraft Nova Spyders
    1985 Liberator

My Boats:
    2007 28 Pantera - Insolent Minx & 1993 22 Classic Donzi -The Bull Hamstah
    Wow - that is awesome, very neat set up. That is such a beautiful area, need to go up there more, I have taken the little Donzi to Burt Lake and we have camped there.

The water is so clear, you feel guilty putting your boat in there.

Western Michigan has to be one of the best places to boat in North America, the white sandy beaches and all the Light Houses really make it second to none.

I have gone to White Lake north of Muskegon too, and met both Donzi friends and Family up there...

Fantastic scenery...used to watch the Smoke On the Water Run when it was still running, one of the stops was White Lake the last year it ran... it was super rough that year...remember watching for the Speed Racer boat to come into the card stop...that thing sounded so nasty running up the shoreline.

Great memory.

Danny
    2007 28 SE Pantera
    Insolent Minx

Back out of the Game! Gold Member mikeb4's Avatar
    My Boats:
    2003 Pantera 28
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Dan View Post
    Wow - that is awesome, very neat set up. That is such a beautiful area, need to go up there more, I have taken the little Donzi to Burt Lake and we have camped there.

Western Michigan has to be one of the best places to boat in North America, the white sandy beaches and all the Light Houses really make it second to none.

I have gone to White Lake north of Muskegon too, and met both Donzi friends and Family up there...

Fantastic scenery...used to watch the Smoke On the Water Run when it was still running, one of the stops was White Lake the last year it ran... it was super rough that year...remember watching for the Speed Racer boat to come into the card stop...that thing sounded so nasty running up the shoreline.

Great memory.

Danny
    You have spent some time up there! My Mother in law is on Burt Lake, lot's of great runs there and on the Inland Waterway, mostly on Jetskis for me. Here is my old 21 Cig anchored on Burt Lake and my old 18 Donzi at the dock there. The Donzi was junk everywhere but the hull integrity when I started, but turned out really nice.

The guy I sold my 28 Cig to was on White Lake ..... nice area as well.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by mikeb4; 02-05-2011 at 10:05 PM.
    Sold Boats, but not forgotten:
    2003 Pantera 28 F2
    1986 Cig 21
    1987 38 Cig Top Gun
    1978 Cig 28 SS
    1981 Formula 302
    1978 Donzi 18 2+3
    1981 & 1987 - Wellcraft Nova Spyders
    1985 Liberator

My Boats:
    28 pantera
    that 21 Cig looks good!!

Trim it Up! Platinum Member kitten's Avatar
    My Boats:
    Kitten has a .... CAT.
    Wow, I think I would like to see the home too!

I have family in Croswell and Lexington.
    Peace & grace be to this place.
    ........ God bless the troops, always! :)

My Boats:
    1980 Pantera 24 Sport, Four Winns 210ss

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Dan View Post

Great memory.

Danny
    I drifted by that boathouse on Lake Charlevoix last year. What a palace! You guys are right about West Michigan shoreline boating. We are so lucky to live here. I live in Holland, but we have a place in Whitehall. We get lots of use out of the Pantera between the two places and down to Saugatuck. North out of White Lake is where you really notice the water getting clearer and clearer. The Arctic Circle must be really clear!
    ;o)
    The Great Lakes aren't for sissys!

Platinum Member Platinum Member drpete3's Avatar
    My Boats:
    37 Outerlimits
    I  Voted
    Thats where we are most weekends. Its wrinklefaces backyard. Litereally