Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Owners Forum > Pantera
1981 Pantera Build >

1981 Pantera Build

Notices

1981 Pantera Build

Old 04-26-2011, 02:39 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I would vee it like Angel said, it could just be filled, but will probably crack again. I like to use at least some glass in the repair, even if they are thin strips to fill in the vee most of the way, then the rest can be filled. marine tex is some pretty serious stuff for small repairs like this. The best way to fix it permanent if it is just on glass(non transom) is to get to the backside of it, and glass the back to reinforce it also.
Old 04-26-2011, 02:41 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Pantera24
I will post pics of my repair to small cracks I have on my water pickup soon also. I'm basically going to use a dremel and put a v shaped tip to follow the crack to widen and deepen it. Then I plan on filling it with Marine Tex or you could use resin and and thicken it with microballons.
Rick what would you recommend?
Angel,

Let me know if ya want me to throw some of that 1708 in the car and ride down this weekend, I'll look around the garage tonight and see what other glass supplies I have leftover.

Rick
Old 04-26-2011, 04:14 PM
Registered

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by rchevelle71
Which one is yours? I have a short memory Mine is also an '81, even though it says 82 in my profile, musta been drinking that day
Rick, I have the 81 3-man bolster from Miami, now at Lake of the Ozarks. Nick.
Old 04-27-2011, 12:31 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by no limits
Rick, I have the 81 3-man bolster from Miami, now at Lake of the Ozarks. Nick.
ahhh cmon, its more than that, its the bad azzz red one!! 3man, red interior?, hatches that open to the side? , center steering?, big pipesout the back, and I think it had pretty big power when you bought it. This is what i somewhat remember. What drive does it have, and how is the project going? JAIME p.s. pics
Old 04-27-2011, 07:12 AM
Registered

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by JAIME
ahhh cmon, its more than that, its the bad azzz red one!! 3man, red interior?, hatches that open to the side? , center steering?, big pipesout the back, and I think it had pretty big power when you bought it. This is what i somewhat remember. What drive does it have, and how is the project going? JAIME p.s. pics
Yep. TRS drive. Not going to steal this thread. I'll start a new one in the near future.
Old 05-01-2011, 11:46 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Angel what are you thinkin for hp? "See Ya" I think was yours and had how much, also will this boat be a little heavier?Jaime
Old 05-01-2011, 01:43 PM
Registered

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Jaime I'm hoping to run her in the November 5, 2011 HOBRA Bill Wishnick Memorial Fort Lauderdale to Key West Marathon in Class D 18-24ft Small Boat Class. The motor Albert (MiamiBoyz) built for me is pretty stock overall it's a GenV 468. My plan is to build the boat as close as possible to what a period correct Pantera in the early 80's would have been like. Not really building her for all out speed but rather endurance. As the run is approx. 271 miles and I think that as long as I can finish I'll be ok. Not how fast you go but how fast you can get there that counts in my book.
My old 85 Pantera was last powered by a big cube bbc that richie had put in her and she was running mid to upper 80's I believe before he sold her and it went oversea's to Sweden I think. As far as weight both hulls are about equal.
Old 05-02-2011, 07:21 AM
Registered

Angel,

I got your message, just let me know when your ready. Looking forward to you making that run, Probably not gonna run mine(mine sucks fuel, would have to stop for gas 2-3 times), but if ya need crew, I am there.
Old 05-02-2011, 03:23 PM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

That's awesome angel. Good luck with the process.... Hope to see it in the water soon
Old 05-02-2011, 06:07 PM
Registered

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Rick I'm really hoping to make the HORBA run. Let's see...

Mike whats up with your 24' how's it running? or did you sell her?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.