I love my Pantera >

I love my Pantera

Notices

I love my Pantera

Old 07-25-2011, 07:36 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I love my Pantera

My boat gave me trouble for 2 days with minor issues on Friday and Saturday. We went at it for a good 12 hours or so i the bilge sorting it out and at around 1pm on Saturday the boat was running, shifting and idling properly.

Took it up the French river for a really nice boat ride and then back across lake nipissing in some pretty huge water with high cross winds.

We ran the boat back through that **** and it was honestly one of the best rides of my life. The Pantera at up the water and we were able to run between 50 and 60mph the whole way.

The water was BIG.

pics to follow.

It is funny how often we get caught up (myself included) worrying about top speed #'s and stuff and forget that when the conditions are truly 'offshore' conditions top speed becomes irrelevant and it becomes a test of your hull and your balls.
Old 07-25-2011, 08:08 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by ar15meister

It is funny how often we get caught up (myself included) worrying about top speed #'s and stuff and forget that when the conditions are truly 'offshore' conditions top speed becomes irrelevant and it becomes a test of your hull and your balls.
So very true!
Old 07-25-2011, 09:00 AM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by POWERPLAY J
So very true!
x2
Old 07-25-2011, 09:40 AM
Registered

Adam

Glad the boat ran well the rest of the day and it was nasty out there in the afternoon.

My Talon is back at the emergency room at Double R for some surgery but hopefully I'll have it back in a few days.

Let me know when you're back up on Nipissing and maybe we can get out and run the lake.

Regards

Bob
Old 07-25-2011, 10:33 AM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

It is funny how often we get caught up (myself included) worrying about top speed #'s and stuff and forget that when the conditions are truly 'offshore' conditions top speed becomes irrelevant and it becomes a test of your hull and the lack of your better half in the seat beside you punching you in the shoulder.
Fixed that one for ya buddy
Old 07-25-2011, 12:35 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by BobE
Adam

Glad the boat ran well the rest of the day and it was nasty out there in the afternoon.

My Talon is back at the emergency room at Double R for some surgery but hopefully I'll have it back in a few days.

Let me know when you're back up on Nipissing and maybe we can get out and run the lake.

Regards

Bob
I hope you get it all sorted out. I have broken expensive **** before too! Not fun.

And yes it was REALLY nasty later on in the day.
Old 07-25-2011, 03:06 PM
Registered

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

the 28 will handle some rough water for it's size that's for sure . when i had my 28 ,90% of my boating was in the ocean and when the marine report said 3 to 5 footer's we would still go out and have a blast , never going top speed but could run 50 to 60 mph cruise launching from one wave to another now when jo would come out with me and run my boat he would run full throttle in anything " scare the sh!t out of me " but the boat always came threw for us .

funny story :
one time jo and i went out and it was good 4 to 6 footer's and i let him take the wheel and every time i had a chance to look at the speed it was at 70+ mph ," when i drove the boat it was 50 to 60 mph" but the funny part is during the run i had to lean over and grab his shoulder to tell him to slow down because my short's where down by my knee's from going up and down so much in the stand up bolster , that ride seemed like 75% air time

just always be careful out in that rough stuff ,the boat can take it but sometime's the people inside cant

mike
Old 07-26-2011, 07:52 AM
Back out of the Game!
Gold Member

The water was BIG.

pics to follow.
On our Great Lakes the water is very different than on the ocean .... the waves are much steeper and very close together, they just hammer you . Most folks are surprised how quick 10's can build up while you are out, and forget the Great Lakes take down 600 foot freighters.

I remember back in the late 80's when Port Huron was on the official national offshore race schedule the racers complaining about the lake water vs the spaced out swell pattern on the ocean.

Can't wait to see some action pics .... thx Adam!
Old 07-26-2011, 11:35 AM
Registered

The water was BIG.

pics to follow.

Them four lines right there are so true
Old 07-26-2011, 07:32 PM
Registered

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

I love your boat too. Im sad still dont have a 28ft