Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Owners Forum > Pantera
dragging it home! >

dragging it home!

Notices

dragging it home!

Old 07-31-2011, 10:16 PM
Registered

Received 36 Likes on 17 Posts

thanks for all of the compliments from everyone and the crock busting is hilarious!! well took a compression test and had a big 0 on #1 cyl. took the heads off and found an exhaust valve bent. made a phone call to Rob Shooping at HTG (Hot to Go)and picked up a set of dart 345 heads. big thanks to rob for taking care of me on a sunday!!!!! got it all back together and hit the water by 8 tonight. runs like a raped ape. other heads are at the machine shop getting some valve work done. heads will be for sale when finished. 088 casting 502 heads with a matching dart intake with a 4150 flange. if anyone is interested. nice upgrade for someone!!

on another note the boat is a blast to drive but i had a passenger that didnt like the 4 footers in lake erie..see pic below.
Attached Thumbnails dragging it home!-panterapuke.jpg  
Old 08-01-2011, 05:02 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Wow that was fast work ,Great looking boat. i will be on mine within the hour, haveing a 2 day trip . GOOD LUCK WITH YOUR PANTERA
Old 08-01-2011, 06:52 AM
Registered

Now I remember the boat. Chris B right ?? He sent me a bunch of pics last fall . He was thinking of selling it at that time. I remember the yellow bilge if I am seeing that correctly. Anyways, fast turn around on the repair and props to your perf guy for getting you the parts so fast .

Just found them , still in my pm box with a link to photobucket. Bumch of pics. That motor looks nice after the rebuild and getting rid of the yellow. What hp , Chris was not sure if he was going to dyno it before putting it back in.

Last edited by smoker62; 08-01-2011 at 06:58 AM.
Old 08-01-2011, 11:14 AM
Registered

Received 36 Likes on 17 Posts

yup its chris's old boat. it was probably making close to 600hp but with the new dart heads it feels alot stronger.probably upper 600's now. only down for 24 hours!! the boat is cleaning up nicely. gotta get some interior work done over the winter to finish it off. but over all it really is a incredible boat. im happy i went with this boat over a 27 fever or other 27-28 foot boats i was looking at. i will keep the pics coming!!
Old 08-01-2011, 01:14 PM
Back out of the Game!
Gold Member

Funny picture .... this was Dude Sweet's boat, there is an awesome picture he had from a helicopter with the boat air'd out nicely. I think it was at a poker run event.

You should get a high resolution copy of the pic .... it was awesome. The single 28 Pantera is a great boat, glad you like it.
Old 08-01-2011, 06:55 PM
Registered

Received 123 Likes on 56 Posts

That's the second time I know someone got sick on that boat.
Old 08-02-2011, 02:50 PM
Registered

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

holy crap!!!

where've I been??
i thought that was Sean's old boat (and Griff's, and Chris'...)
Had NO idea this deal was going down.
Congrats on the boat!
Old 08-02-2011, 03:35 PM
Registered

Received 25 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by bouyhunter
holy crap!!!

where've I been??
i thought that was Sean's old boat (and Griff's, and Chris'...)
Had NO idea this deal was going down.
Congrats on the boat!
hey buddy!
Old 08-02-2011, 03:54 PM
Registered

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

good to see ya Josh.

I had NO idea Chris was selling.
bit of a shock.

Pantera guys are a tight-knit bunch.
Kinda funny to see how many of these boats are "well-known" and it's easy to trace the lineage for the past ~10-12 years.
88bullet - Sean used to own my 24 too, and Mike's 24OB. I met Chris out here in PHX when Sean and him were doing there deal, and Mike when he was buying the 24 OB. All of them great guys, and once you're part of "la famalia" , well....
Old 08-02-2011, 05:54 PM
Registered

Received 21 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by 88bullet
thanks for all of the compliments from everyone and the crock busting is hilarious!! well took a compression test and had a big 0 on #1 cyl. took the heads off and found an exhaust valve bent. made a phone call to Rob Shooping at HTG (Hot to Go)and picked up a set of dart 345 heads. big thanks to rob for taking care of me on a sunday!!!!! got it all back together and hit the water by 8 tonight. runs like a raped ape. other heads are at the machine shop getting some valve work done. heads will be for sale when finished. 088 casting 502 heads with a matching dart intake with a 4150 flange. if anyone is interested. nice upgrade for someone!!

on another note the boat is a blast to drive but i had a passenger that didnt like the 4 footers in lake erie..see pic below.
Nice work getting it back on the water and definitely cool of Rob! Should run around 80mph with that kind of power?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.