brought home the 1977 24. pics inside! >

brought home the 1977 24. pics inside!

Notices

brought home the 1977 24. pics inside!

Old 09-20-2011, 01:55 PM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

That boat brings me a LOT of memories!
It seems like it was yesterday, I met Carl Wenger from the original South Florida boat trader. I believe that is Pantera #2,
the #1 was a black hull that I raced in Production class that year.
It does not get any more original than that, from the teak door, upholstery, rub rail, lifeline, cleats, and the Pantera sticker on the Target trailer!

Good luck w/ it,
rgds,
pepe @ pantera.

Last edited by JO - PANTERABOATS; 09-20-2011 at 02:04 PM. Reason: adding more info.
Old 09-20-2011, 03:08 PM
Registered

Received 36 Likes on 17 Posts

thats one of the coolest things about a owning a pantera boat.... the owner of the company chimes in and knows the history of the boat .even one from 35 years ago. check any other forums on here and you wont see that. super cool in my opinion.
Old 09-20-2011, 05:35 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 12 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by JO - PANTERABOATS
That boat brings me a LOT of memories!
It seems like it was yesterday, I met Carl Wenger from the original South Florida boat trader. I believe that is Pantera #2,
the #1 was a black hull that I raced in Production class that year.
It does not get any more original than that, from the teak door, upholstery, rub rail, lifeline, cleats, and the Pantera sticker on the Target trailer!

Good luck w/ it,
rgds,
pepe @ pantera.
thank you so very much for your reply! it means a great deal to me to hear from you. i am very happy to have had an opportunity to buy the boat.

the vin is wcw72002.

have a great night, rob
Old 09-20-2011, 07:08 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Id clean that m.f. up and keep it as original as possible. 1977 #2
$weeeet
Old 09-23-2011, 09:51 PM
Registered

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts
!977? That looks like a P&D, Excalibur 24 deck. When did the deck change? Hull #2? Wasn't hull #1 built in 1974/75? Help me out Jo or Pepe. Great find! LOVE THE ORIGINALS and the Target trailer! 24 Pantera's are the best! Keep that baby under cover.
Old 09-23-2011, 10:01 PM
Registered

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts

WOW! Neat boat! the hull looks just like a 1976 24' Superboat that my friend just sold.
Old 09-24-2011, 03:00 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 12 Likes on 6 Posts

((
Originally Posted by no limits
!977? That looks like a P&D, Excalibur 24 deck. When did the deck change? Hull #2? Wasn't hull #1 built in 1974/75? Help me out Jo or Pepe. Great find! LOVE THE ORIGINALS and the Target trailer! 24 Pantera's are the best! Keep that baby under cover.
according to pepe it's number 2. (maybe number two of the '77' model year?) pepe commented in my other thread regarding the hull identification number. i asked him about the rounded deck and i hope he replies. the "hin" starts with "wcw" so we know it's a pantera.

i'm going to start a restoration thread on the project. the boat is quite a bit rougher than the pics show and while i wish i could leave it "unrestored", it just needs too much work.

i'll be documenting every step with quite a bit of photos and commentary (and a bunch of questions as well).

on a side note....i know both the original owner who owned it for two years and the second owner who owned it up until last week when i took possession. cool to have provenance with a project like this.

have a good day all.

rob
Old 09-24-2011, 04:52 PM
bwd
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I met a guy last spring in NJ , who's father back in that time frame , purchased a 24 from Pepe with a 330 trs deal. From what I understand He and his buddy showed up just as it was ready and drove it away. Miami to New Jersey! The gentleman passed away unfortunately before I met his son. The guy was a real enthusiast, I wished I had met him.
Just thought you guys may enjoy the story as it was told to me 1 week after I was at the Pantera factory lookin at a boat.
Old 09-24-2011, 05:07 PM
Registered

Received 406 Likes on 181 Posts

Originally Posted by bwd
I met a guy last spring in NJ , who's father back in that time frame , purchased a 24 from Pepe with a 330 trs deal. From what I understand He and his buddy showed up just as it was ready and drove it away. Miami to New Jersey! The gentleman passed away unfortunately before I met his son. The guy was a real enthusiast, I wished I had met him.
Just thought you guys may enjoy the story as it was told to me 1 week after I was at the Pantera factory lookin at a boat.
It's a good story maybe Smarty can find it on here. His father knew how to make a boat RUN.
Old 09-24-2011, 05:11 PM
bwd
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Good people.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.