Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Owners Forum > Pantera
good place to find info on a used boat between 28 an 32ft. >

good place to find info on a used boat between 28 an 32ft.

Notices

good place to find info on a used boat between 28 an 32ft.

Old 09-23-2011, 10:53 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default twin turbo

I agree big blower motors are worse than a blonde actress in holywood to keep running, but twin turbo bbc 598 or less can be as powerful as any blower motor and alot less abusive on drives. And also be just as dependable as your everyday car. So with a twin turbo motor you can have your cake and eat it too. Oh and also the cold beer.
Old 09-24-2011, 07:06 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

That's why I have 2 boats. The Pantera has been my salt water cruiser, and when I need to go fast, I get in the Allison. After a few 100+ mph blasts I got my fix and can get back in the Pantera.

Originally Posted by 88bullet
my opinion is if 70 is sufficient for you. your not going to beat a pantera!!!!! ive been in all kinds of boats not to trash anyother brands but you will be hard pressed to beat the ride. warlocks and velocitys of similar size are a little faster but you sacrifice some ride. but they are nice affordable boats. if your going to go much bigger than 28 ft a single engine wont cut it. 28 seems to be the max. i was told a 28 pantera has a very close running surface as a 35 lightning. and my 96 28 rides very similar to my friends 92 35 lighning straight bottom. test dive everything you can and never refuse a ride when someone offers and see what you like. look at all the pros and cons and make a decision. took me 3 years to find a boat that i felt safe in, handled like a porsche and had respectable speed and power. 70 isnt slow by any means, but im a speed junkie so im looking to upgrade to twins. on the other hand the 2x to break doesnt scare me being im a mechanic by trade and do all my own repairs and builds. good luck with your future decisions and purchase!!