Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Owners Forum > Pantera
28' project >

28' project

Notices

28' project

Old 10-03-2011, 07:13 AM
Registered

Received 36 Likes on 17 Posts

buy my 28 single for half what it would cost to bring that thing back from the dead
Old 10-03-2011, 07:45 AM
Registered

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by HTRDLNCN
so show me a twin engine 28 that "just needs gel buffed" for under 9k,especially one with a name like a Pantera?
It is what it is, a cheap way to get into a boat that would normally sell for three times as much for someone with time and talent but not much money at the moment
Well Dudesweets boat can be had for 15k obo. thats a turn key just add power. Trailer is very road ready being that it went from the east coast to the west coast. Boat was a turn key before power was pulled.

People see a cheap price up front and think its such a good deal. This thing is a beat fish bowl.

Buy turn key and save a ton in the long run. And be able to enjoy a boat.
Old 10-03-2011, 08:17 AM
Registered

dudesweets boat is nice!! but its a ex race boat and race layup. limited buyers for something like that. on the other hand it is a light layup and it has all good parts just needs a powerplant. 700 horse would be a blast in that thing... men would love that boat but the women would hate it lol. im still kicking around the idea of buying that boat to have as a fun project but its on the other side of the country for me!!!!!
Old 10-03-2011, 08:45 AM
Registered

Received 283 Likes on 170 Posts

Originally Posted by stlliberator
Ya come on someone buy this and post how much time and money you have in it....I'm guessing you won't be happy with the final out come. I have seen and been in the boat personally with Wfo and drove 14 hrs to see it..its not worth 8900..no where close to it...its all old rusted busted crap on the boat...motors rusted..planes busted..transom assembly's eatten away at..its just not worth it...if ya haven't seen the boat in person ya really have no leg to stand on in a arguement..and if ya do have a leg to stand on and ya stood in that boat it would more then likely go through the bottom of the hull...
And how many projects have you done?

Are you saying you never even stood in the bilge? Did you even take a core sample? Why is it all these people without boats are making comments about this boat being junk, yet the guys with boats and guys that have actually done major projects say this boat is not junk?
Old 10-03-2011, 09:25 AM
Registered

i did a few boats this year. mostly re-rigs for people and from my experiance and with this market you can buy complete way cheaper than you can restore. not saying if someone wants a project and has the time and know how to do it it isnt a good project but if you have to pay someone to do it you will be broke before the project is over unless you can get the thing for a song and a dance. IMO motors are cheap in the big picture.. the rigging is what kills you... 500 here 1000 there it adds up really fast.. hoses, pumps, electrical, transom repair. personally i would not take on a project for myself but i dont turn down cash paying customers either. contact cig92 on here he has a cig bullet, formula 311 and 41 velocity all bare hulls he would like to unload if someone wants a project
Old 10-03-2011, 09:55 AM
Registered

Received 103 Likes on 75 Posts

Tim, how many boats you buying LOL.
Old 10-03-2011, 12:04 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I think you are mistaken, the people saying this boat is not junk, HAVE NOT SEEN IT. Go buy it and fix it up yourself if it's such a good deal. I have taken on quite a few projects, and I don't pay someone to do the work. In fact stlliberators boat was my old boat and it was completely gutted down to the bare hull, stringers, bulkheads everything. But I don't know anything.
Originally Posted by TexomaPowerboater
And how many projects have you done?

Are you saying you never even stood in the bilge? Did you even take a core sample? Why is it all these people without boats are making comments about this boat being junk, yet the guys with boats and guys that have actually done major projects say this boat is not junk?
Old 10-03-2011, 01:29 PM
Registered

Received 283 Likes on 170 Posts

Originally Posted by wfo1
I think you are mistaken, the people saying this boat is not junk, HAVE NOT SEEN IT. Go buy it and fix it up yourself if it's such a good deal. I have taken on quite a few projects, and I don't pay someone to do the work. In fact stlliberators boat was my old boat and it was completely gutted down to the bare hull, stringers, bulkheads everything. But I don't know anything.
Did you take a core sample?

Did you take the motors apart?

I never said it was a good deal; I just said it wasn't junk. Sorry I'm picking on you guys, but you haven't really given any definitive reasons as to why the motors are junk or the hull is wet. It sounds like you saw a puddle in the bilge with some leaves, and a little rust on the motor and you rendered the entire boat junk. THen you go off on the trailer not having a title as if its uncommon, its not.
Old 10-03-2011, 01:56 PM
Registered

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by TexomaPowerboater
Did you take a core sample?

Did you take the motors apart?

I never said it was a good deal; I just said it wasn't junk. Sorry I'm picking on you guys, but you haven't really given any definitive reasons as to why the motors are junk or the hull is wet. It sounds like you saw a puddle in the bilge with some leaves, and a little rust on the motor and you rendered the entire boat junk. THen you go off on the trailer not having a title as if its uncommon, its not.
What I will say is this....
when I was just about to leave last year and go buy it..the owner called me and said he felt uncomfortable in me driving all that way and it not being up to par.
Long story short .... Buyer beware and do your Due Diligence.
Old 10-03-2011, 02:28 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by bigboat28
Tim, how many boats you buying LOL.
THE G/F WONT KNOW ABOUT THE RACE BOAT!!!!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.