ok guys i need input!!! >

ok guys i need input!!!

Notices

ok guys i need input!!!

Old 02-12-2012, 06:43 PM
Registered

Received 36 Likes on 17 Posts
Default ok guys i need input!!!

i think there was a fun forum on this before but hey its winter.... im bored... and i miss MGH let the fun begin!!

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1981-...item3a70508489
Old 02-12-2012, 07:11 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

Received 15 Likes on 7 Posts

If it wasn't so far away I would buy it , sell all the parts . Should be worth 5K just in parts then set it in the back lot till I was ready to build my Duramax boat . Other members complained about it being a POS but if you had to pay someone else to do the work it would not be worth it but we can do the build in house and I would be ok .
Old 02-12-2012, 08:02 PM
Registered

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

Been there done that. Personally I wouldn't d!ck w/it, but someone might. If anyone was in any way interested, I wouldn't give more than 3k. Too much to be bought cheap right now in better condition. Patience is the key...these boats ALWAYS come up for sale.
Old 02-12-2012, 08:56 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by no limits
these boats ALWAYS come up for sale.
What world do you live in ? 88Bullet found the only 28 that was a deal in the last five years .
You might find Scarab's , Fountain's and Baja's but there is no such thing as a 6K 28 Pantera ..
I,ve thought about buying it just to show people it is rebuildable
Old 02-12-2012, 09:07 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by OCCJoe
What world do you live in ? 88Bullet found the only 28 that was a deal in the last five years .
You might find Scarab's , Fountain's and Baja's but there is no such thing as a 6K 28 Pantera ..
ok...show me what I don't know. There out there for sale now, but nobody's making offers or buying. I live in the REAL world.
Old 02-12-2012, 09:44 PM
Charter Member # 55
Charter Member

Received 1,816 Likes on 904 Posts

Plenty of deals out there on newer and better 28's that will cost less in the long run.
Even if you do all the work yourself, you will have 30k into it and it will still be a 1981 worth about 15k.
Old 02-12-2012, 09:54 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

All I'm saying is show me another 28 Pantera for less then 10K , Rebuilding a boat that needs that much work is not for everyone but for myself it's what I like to do .
To be clear ! There is 5K worth of parts to be sold off that boat . So I look at it as having a $1000 in the hull , rebuild the stringer system and transom to a single and lets say you have 15-20k in motor , drive, and rigging , 4K in paint , 3K in a nice trailer and 200 hours of time invested , about 5K . So lets just say 32-35K .
Now here's where I stand . I have 35K in a 28 Pantera that I built , I know everything about it inside and out and it's just the way I want it ....OR ....Go buy a 28 for 30K that you know nothing about , you don't know if the motor is what the seller claimed it is or the outdrive has a thousand hours on it or maybe you wish the gauges were different or what ever little thing you wish you could change .
Rebuilding/Resto isn't for everyone , Most need to buy the turn key boat . But don't knock the people that do love to make chicken salad out of chicken $hit .
Old 02-12-2012, 09:59 PM
Registered

Received 36 Likes on 17 Posts

duramax and a arneson in that bad boy!!
Old 02-12-2012, 10:11 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by 88bullet
duramax and a arneson in that bad boy!!
Thats the plan on my next build ! And one big black smoke rolling environment unfriendly stack straight up behind the motor .
Old 02-12-2012, 10:29 PM
Registered

All I'm saying is show me another 28 Pantera for less then 10K , Rebuilding a boat that needs that much work is not for everyone but for myself it's what I like to do .
To be clear ! There is 5K worth of parts to be sold off that boat . So I look at it as having a $1000 in the hull , rebuild the stringer system and transom to a single and lets say you have 15-20k in motor , drive, and rigging , 4K in paint , 3K in a nice trailer and 200 hours of time invested , about 5K . So lets just say 32-35K .
Now here's where I stand . I have 35K in a 28 Pantera that I built , I know everything about it inside and out and it's just the way I want it ....OR ....Go buy a 28 for 30K that you know nothing about , you don't know if the motor is what the seller claimed it is or the outdrive has a thousand hours on it or maybe you wish the gauges were different or what ever little thing you wish you could change .
Rebuilding/Resto isn't for everyone , Most need to buy the turn key boat . But don't knock the people that do love to make chicken salad out of chicken $hit .
Understood. A boat that someone puts their own time in is worth alot. I'm the same way so to speak. Lots of pride in doing and putting in the hard work to make it right. I wish everybody thought the same. If its for me and I'm going to keep it whether it's a roach from the beginning doesn't matter to me if it's what I want. But to sink your time into it to try and sell now or later...most people don't care and the market for boats as we all know is terrible. I have redone boats, bought and sold for parts, etc. Either way, its tough right now. If you were to sell for parts now... the trs alone would be hard to sell. I got some trs stuff now I can't give a way and I love the stuff...got one on my Pantera now. If you redo to sell...you'll lose right now. Like griff said, try to invest your time and 30k in to an 1981 28 Pantera...you'll be lucky to get 15-17k in the end. I am a Pantera fan through and through, so if you really want it...he's asking 5999, it'll sell for less.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.