Like Tree0Likes

Pantera pics. from the early days ( History )

Old 03-27-2012, 01:45 PM
Registered

My Boats: Boat racing ,building
Default Pantera pics. from the early days ( History )

I just found another box full of old pics. mainly from the 70s and 80s and i thought you guys would like to see them. I will scan them and load up more when i have some free time.

Lets start off with boat number 001 and the 1st Pantera race 24'.

JO - Pantera Boats
Attached Thumbnails
Pantera pics. from the early days ( History )-boat-1.jpg   Pantera pics. from the early days ( History )-1-24-race-boat.jpg   Pantera pics. from the early days ( History )-1-pantera-brochure-1975.jpg  

Pantera pics. from the early days ( History )-m5-1.jpg  
Old 03-27-2012, 01:50 PM
Registered

Here are a few more.

1st Pantera factory work truck. Also showing the office back in 1975 and the factory shop cat.

Jo
Attached Thumbnails
Pantera pics. from the early days ( History )-office.jpg   Pantera pics. from the early days ( History )-truck.jpg   Pantera pics. from the early days ( History )-black-cat.jpg  

Last edited by JO - PANTERABOATS; 03-27-2012 at 01:57 PM.
Old 03-27-2012, 02:11 PM
Registered

Here are some pictures showing the Miami to New York outboard record run in M-24 in August of 1978. My Father and Ralph Linero did the trip together.

Jo
Attached Thumbnails
Pantera pics. from the early days ( History )-airport-1.jpg   Pantera pics. from the early days ( History )-airport-2.jpg   Pantera pics. from the early days ( History )-miami-new-york.jpg  

Pantera pics. from the early days ( History )-m-24-lake-x.jpg   Pantera pics. from the early days ( History )-kaama-pantera.jpg  

Last edited by JO - PANTERABOATS; 03-27-2012 at 11:55 PM.
Old 03-27-2012, 02:18 PM
Registered
Trade Score: (5)

My Boats: 33 powerplay cc / suzuki 300s

Cool..lets keep the pix coming

Last edited by scarab63; 03-27-2012 at 03:02 PM.
Old 03-27-2012, 02:24 PM
Registered

Here are some more showing M-24 at Lake X before the record run and an article that came out on Powerboat magazine on the world record run.

Jo
Attached Thumbnails
Pantera pics. from the early days ( History )-dash-ny.jpg   Pantera pics. from the early days ( History )-lake-x.jpg   Pantera pics. from the early days ( History )-new-york-2.jpg  

Pantera pics. from the early days ( History )-new-york-1.jpg   Pantera pics. from the early days ( History )-new-york-3.jpg  
Old 03-27-2012, 02:27 PM
Registered

Miami Boat show in 1978.A few Pantera 24' customer race boats from 1977-78.
Attached Thumbnails
Pantera pics. from the early days ( History )-boat-show-early-days.jpg   Pantera pics. from the early days ( History )-el-dandy.jpg   Pantera pics. from the early days ( History )-marshall-24.jpg  

Pantera pics. from the early days ( History )-leo-gates-24.jpg   Pantera pics. from the early days ( History )-pantera-boat-car.jpg  
Old 03-27-2012, 02:32 PM
Registered

Retail pricing from 1979, Pantera 24' Brochure , My parents in the Pantera 24' factory race boat, and a few customer 24'.

JO
Attached Thumbnails
Pantera pics. from the early days ( History )-dad-mom.jpg   Pantera pics. from the early days ( History )-cockpit-24-78.jpg   Pantera pics. from the early days ( History )-pricing.jpg  

Pantera pics. from the early days ( History )-p-40.jpg   Pantera pics. from the early days ( History )-playboat.jpg  

Last edited by JO - PANTERABOATS; 03-27-2012 at 11:56 PM.
Old 03-27-2012, 02:37 PM
Registered

Here is a picture of my Father showing me how to throttle a race boat at 7 years old. Family pic. taken in 1979 after my Father took 1st place overall at Islomarada, Fl. and a few customer pics showing a Pantera 24' at the Chicago boat show in 1977.

JO
Attached Thumbnails
Pantera pics. from the early days ( History )-m-24-jo.jpg   Pantera pics. from the early days ( History )-family-pic.jpg   Pantera pics. from the early days ( History )-tom-carlson-24.jpg  

Pantera pics. from the early days ( History )-brown-24.jpg   Pantera pics. from the early days ( History )-dad-ralph-2.jpg  
Old 03-27-2012, 03:19 PM
Registered

Here are some more Pantera 24'.
Attached Thumbnails
Pantera pics. from the early days ( History )-3-models.jpg   Pantera pics. from the early days ( History )-black-gold.jpg   Pantera pics. from the early days ( History )-dad-being-interviewd.jpg  

Pantera pics. from the early days ( History )-se-brochure-1978.jpg   Pantera pics. from the early days ( History )-macho.jpg  
Old 03-27-2012, 03:24 PM
Registered

Here is a Go Boating magazine article done on the Pantera 24' Sport and a few pictures of the Pantera 28' factory race boat powered with triple Mercury outboards.

JO
Attached Thumbnails
Pantera pics. from the early days ( History )-go-boating-1.jpg   Pantera pics. from the early days ( History )-go-boating-2.jpg   Pantera pics. from the early days ( History )-p124-trailer.jpg  

Pantera pics. from the early days ( History )-p124.jpg   Pantera pics. from the early days ( History )-p124-coming-you.jpg