Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Owners Forum > Pantera
What's the value of this 28? >

What's the value of this 28?

Notices

What's the value of this 28?

Old 07-12-2002, 09:38 AM
PANTERA LOVER

really couldnt tell you, but i know what you mean you see alot of early-late 90's 28's but not alot in the 1980's range? hmm...

Old 07-13-2002, 01:34 PM
Registered

Received 8 Likes on 2 Posts
Thumbs down Water heater Bust say no to Salt

I looked at this boat myself in march 2002 ,no good Hampton Marine would not even put it in for sea trial with 2 week notice Hampton Marine is run by a bunch of kids would not even call owner to neg. i would be pissed of if i was the owner he doesent know this is going on! If you are a serious buyer i will sell mine 28 twin 468ci TRS Bristol condition 80mph 31,000 with trailer fresh water only. P>S water heater had TRS with velvet drive trans not Bravo 1 prop was Bravo 4 blade only
Old 07-13-2002, 03:27 PM
PANTERA LOVER

Bearpaw,
Everything you just said is 100% accurate. This is the same experience i had. I wasted 600$ for the survey, boat wasnt ready for sea trial, broker wasnt even there. They had no idea that the boat was even being surveyed when i practically called once a day to remind them. I had 1000$ deposit down on it and they couldnt care less. That place seriousley sucks!! Guess they didnt want to make a sale. Oh well.

Old 07-13-2002, 04:05 PM
Registered

Thumbs down Kiddy Marine in the Hamptons

I came out from Chicago to see this junk, Vince is the salesman or should i say CHILD in charge I spent 4.5 hrs going over inside and out mold everywhere there is dammage to the strb. side aft. looks like hull had a hole punched in it, EMI manafolds with GIL risers that leak every bolt on transom is rusted and theres poop in the bilge in March I offered this child 15200.00 for this thing . Vince the child said the owner had an offer for 18 and turned it down. I told him to call owner up and lets talk , this was a Sat. in March no one there? Vince the BABY could not even pick up the phone,now2 he calls back after you must have taken your deposit back and tells me the owner has dropped price to gess what------15200.00 so i left him a message he can deliver to port of Indiana for1400.00 Ialready had bought one by April anyway This Vince at Hamptonsmarine is a real JACKWAD have a nice wait. I should call him and jack him around a little more, Vince i hope someone shows this so you know how many sales a year you screw up!!!!!!
Old 07-13-2002, 04:09 PM
PANTERA LOVER

ya i delt with a clown named Tom. This guy was the jerk of all jerks. This guy couldnt tie a shoe lace with out F$#*&$@ing it up. He gave me this whole song and dance on the phone about how great it is and just that the upholstrey was "outdated". boy am i glad i have the 24' i have now and not that piece of garbage. Those people have no business selling boats. By the way i like the color on your Pantera, that blue is real sweet.

-PANTERA LOVER

Old 07-13-2002, 04:28 PM
Registered

Thumbs up twin 485hp

Thank you my man! just got home from work 3ft and rolling out there think i will go down to the marina and fire up those big blocks and piss off the dock sitters get me some air today,you got a great boat but you should have bought my 24 sport it was kick ass 454-365 1980 lives in FLA. now. you got the right product Lover
Old 07-13-2002, 04:37 PM
PANTERA LOVER

sounds good. I fired up mine today and pissed off everyone at the marina! Arent hi-perf boats great!?!?!!!

Old 07-13-2002, 10:21 PM
JC Performance Engines
Gold Member

Received 20 Likes on 17 Posts

Yeah, Hampton is a stereotypical NY Boston Whaler dealer.
They don't know much about boats, just care to sell'em.

Bear Paw,
Coming from a family of boaters, I will absolutely be getting a boat, just not soon enough. Got a very young family and funds are on the tight side, so I may have to wait a little longer.
All the boats I grew up with were fishing boats, not performance(except for maybe the 1976 38' Magnum Flybridge), but I will be a performance boat owner when the time comes.
I am glad to have found this forum and I'm sure I will learn alot from it. I also like the passion the Pantera owners have for their machinery, there must be something more to THESE boats than most of the competition. I still have not seen a new one in person. The pictures on the Pantera website are great and I'm sure they do justice to the real thing.
Is there somewhere I can see a pic of your boat, and what year is it? Just trying to get an education about the Panteras.
Old 07-14-2002, 10:43 AM
PANTERA LOVER

Missingout,
There are much more to these boats. There is just something about it.....! If you want any help with pictures ( i have some of mine and some other ones) let me know! Bearpaw has a gorgeous pantera. If you need any other help let me know.

Old 07-16-2002, 04:21 PM
DLG

Hey Missinout,
I have an 88 with a pair of low hour 98 Merc Pro Max 300’s for sale.
Take a look at http://home.earthlink.net/~dlg1/index.html
Be it my boat or someone else’s, stick to you plans to buy a Pantera. It is definitely the most impressive boat I’ve ever owned.
Best of luck in your search,
David

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.