Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Owners Forum > Pantera
1979 Pantera 24 Restoration >

1979 Pantera 24 Restoration

Notices

1979 Pantera 24 Restoration

Old 08-18-2015, 09:48 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I have been installing my cables, wiring, and equipment. I made slightly more progress than the photos show.

so far nothing from the original boat has gone back in.

making progress on hardware and lighting.

Cabin primed.

And a couple of overall shots. Graphics installation has begun. The guy laying the vinyl messed up the accent stripes and the stripe going forward, so we will redo.

It is starting to look like a boat again!
Old 08-19-2015, 08:25 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Glad to see you're making good progress and the boat's looking real nice! A quick suggestion, not sure if you're planning on getting a different trailer but if not I'd recommend either trying to move the boat forward or extend the rear bunks so the back of the transom is supported. It's probably just an optical illusion in the last pic in post 160 but it looks like there's a hook in the hull. I don't see it in the other pics but it made me think of it, you figure when you install your big block that will be a lot of weight hanging off the back of the trailer so it will be good to have it supported. Keep up the good progress!
Old 08-19-2015, 09:21 PM
Registered

Thank you.

The boat typically sits forward on that trailer. Take a look at pic 1 in the first post. It is currently sitting farther back so we could get at the rub rail at the bow.

I would definitely love a new trailer, though.
Old 09-07-2015, 09:24 PM
Registered

I made some progress over the last week.

Got my aluminum rub rail installed. This bend at the bow was not easy since the aluminum is pretty thick and it came in 20 feet lengths. I am surprised it turned out as decently as it did.

I need end caps for the transom. Taco does not make these any more. Anyone have originals?

The stripe was originally done incorrectly up the bow. I got it fixed and the accent stripes added.

I found a Danforth Constellation compass on ebay. I need to get the oil refilled, but these were original to the boat and a perfect fit. The PO had an ill-fitting Ritchie installed.

Finished up the deck hardware (almost finished, need to swap out the black lifting eye on the bow).

Continued wiring and installed my trim pump.

The console originally had teak trim at the base which the PO painted black. I replaced this with aluminum trim.

Epoxied all the openings. Console installed. The original gauge bezels barely cleared the new fairing. I was worried for a moment as i tried to get it into place. Navigation lights installed.

Helm and steering wheel installed.

I cleaned up and installed the side panels and back seat that came with the boat. My plan is to redo this eventually, but it ended up cleaning up okay and is tolerable for a couple of seasons. The PO painted the original teak hatch black. I tried stripping it a while back. did not work so well, so repainted it black. This will have to do for now.

And just a reminder of what the boat used to look like 4 years ago.

Old 09-07-2015, 11:26 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 151 Likes on 77 Posts

Anu............The Pantera look's Wonderful!!.......Glad it's all coming together!
Old 09-08-2015, 06:47 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Very Nice - You are doing one Awesome Job...
Old 09-08-2015, 09:36 AM
Registered

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Very Nice work. That thing loos better than original.
Old 09-08-2015, 03:17 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 12 Likes on 6 Posts

Looking great Anu!

Super clean looking with the tasteful old school paint scheme.
Old 09-08-2015, 04:59 PM
Registered

Gentlemen, thank you for the kind words!
Old 10-01-2015, 10:55 PM
Registered

Did anybody actually believe that it would get this far? I have to say that I had my doubts!

These are from last week:

And a poor quality video demonstrating that this thing just might work!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.