Registered

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Progress?
Old 10-30-2014, 08:34 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by AnurajShah
Progress?
Ok guys, moved some stuff around in storage today and the plan is to move the boat to the other shop tomorrow. I have a few little projects for the weekend but the major one is to get to work on the boat. No real goals but maybe I'll jump in for some wiring fun to get started, I'll update this weekend at some point.
Old 11-01-2014, 05:46 PM
Registered

Saturday is in the books. Didn't move to fast today but here is what I did, washed it up and as I was washing the wind was blowing about 30 and blew tons of crap out of a tree into the boat so I ran to the carwash and hit it with a vacuum. Stopped by Marine Surplus to find a new shift lever ball and replacement stern light lens, they had neither but ordered both for me. Back at the shop I pulled the engine hatch and cleaned the bilge a little while also staring at wiring without a clue as to what was what (brain fart). I decided to put the windshield teak on for the final time and test fit the new windscreen, fits pretty good just may need a few fasteners to button it up. We will see what tomorrow brings.

Old 11-02-2014, 05:22 PM
Registered

Today I worked for about 4 hours on wiring, I sort of forgot where I left off so half the time was re-tracing where I was. So not alot done but I did manage to run the fuel pump wires, string some wires thru my ziptie hangers and terminate a few grounds into the ground bar. Also let the batteries trickle today just as a precaution even though I may throw two new ones in when I'm done just because. I'm going to try to get a few little things done during the week and I will update as I go.
Old 11-04-2014, 09:13 PM
Registered

Spent a few hours on wiring tonight. The excess is beginning to disappear as the wiring gets closer, a few more ends to terminate then tie it all up. I'll try to get more done tomorrow night.
Old 11-05-2014, 07:05 PM
Registered

Spent a couple hours tonight working on rubrail, had the front done already so I added one more stick to each side. Now I just need to figure out the back. I think I'll put the rear on as one, then piece the sides in to it then figure out how to mitre cut them together at the rear corners. It's my first time with this stuff and it went fairly well, not perfect but good and learned something along the way.

Old 11-05-2014, 07:32 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 12 Likes on 6 Posts

Looking good. You are going to want to "wrap" the back corners. Put some heavy cardboard on the rear corners to protect the paint and form the corners around the sides. Leave abuout a foot or so around the bend on each side. You can use a rubber mallet or some soft pine pieces of wood and a hammer to form the corners. Work it slowly.

Mitre cutting the rear corners won't turn out good in my opinion.

Again, boat looks great man.
Old 11-06-2014, 07:19 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by vintage chromoly
Looking good. You are going to want to "wrap" the back corners. Put some heavy cardboard on the rear corners to protect the paint and form the corners around the sides. Leave abuout a foot or so around the bend on each side. You can use a rubber mallet or some soft pine pieces of wood and a hammer to form the corners. Work it slowly.

Mitre cutting the rear corners won't turn out good in my opinion.

Again, boat looks great man.
Thanks for the info, I have boat guys all around my shop and one had mitered and welded the ends and it looked so nice. But in the end I went with your method and it worked great. I have to make a cut in the rear to butt it up and the rub rail will be finished.

Old 11-06-2014, 07:28 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 12 Likes on 6 Posts

Looks good man. A fresh rub rail really sets off the job.

Good for you! I'm watching your progress and enjoying your hard work.
Old 11-07-2014, 01:52 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by vintage chromoly
Looks good man. A fresh rub rail really sets off the job.

Good for you! I'm watching your progress and enjoying your hard work.
Thank you, so nice to be able to look through the photos I have taken and see the progress. I ordered a case of Amsoil type-f for the trans. expecting it to be here next week and it showed today. I think thats the only thing that I needed to fire it up so after I finish the rubrail, wiring and windshield this weekend we should be able to fire it up early next week. I think I'll go home early today but I'll be on it over the weekend.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.