Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Owners Forum > Pantera
28 for sale >

28 for sale

Notices

28 for sale

Old 09-15-2014, 08:40 PM
Registered

Received 406 Likes on 181 Posts

Wow how could you sleep at night if you sell it, that thing is too sweet.
Old 09-16-2014, 05:27 AM
Registered

Received 123 Likes on 56 Posts

Craney, I'm definitely doing some tossing and turning at nite...lol

MDG Performance...

end of last yr. I have spent most of my time fine tuning the engine temps on both sides of the mtr. I put a pressure switch on the inter-cooler dump so when I pull back from a run the water is pushed thru the mtr to keep it stable and eliminate temp spikes. (That can be a tedious process and is rarely done,so i'm told) I have also worked on a fuel delivery system so I have a very reliable package.( multiple pumps and surge tank with a low pressure idiot light ).I'm pulling fuel from both pick ups in the tank. This season I started playing with the drive and depth. The boat is only turning 5k RPM right now running 82MPH on GPS. Obviously it has a good bit more to go. I am running a box stock 5 blade 30 pitch Maximus at 2.5" below the bottom. It jumps right up on plane without any tabs and pulls like a Freight Train. It has a great attitude in the water running. It's fun to mess with other boats and see the look on there face when we pull away. The engine runs strong to 6k but I'm just loafing it right now. The cruise speed is good so I 'm not really motivated to do much. My two boys love it and won't let me leave in it to test with out them much so it kinda puts the top end testing on hold. If the water is snotty then not many are running 80+ to begin with. I think the next move is a 1"spacer and a prop change but I'm really ok with it. I know most like top speed numbers but my overall goal was to build a quick accelerating and durable machine with some bling. So I have met that goal... Once I find a used 1" SCX spacer I will pick back up on testing.

Last edited by tomcei; 09-16-2014 at 05:37 AM.
Old 09-16-2014, 08:13 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have a 1 inch space I will sell cheap, call me 513 407 6206
Old 09-16-2014, 08:47 AM
Registered
Platinum Member

Received 15 Likes on 7 Posts

Tomcei I have a 1" SCX spacer . Make me an offer it's complete and looks like new .... If you can't make a deal with Panteraman

Last edited by OCCJoe; 09-16-2014 at 08:49 AM. Reason: Didn't see someone else offered him one
Old 09-16-2014, 09:43 AM
Back out of the Game!
Gold Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Wow Tom ..... surprised to see this indeed. This is a very special boat, your have spent so much time thinking everything out on it, and your incredible work and planning right down to the smallest details. Best of luck with the sale, someone will get a very special boat!

Originally Posted by tomcei
Old 09-16-2014, 02:12 PM
Registered

Received 123 Likes on 56 Posts

Panteraman I'll hook up with you soon. OCC Joe I'll let you know

Mike, I really am torn about it but my A.D.D. nature and love of hot rods has drawn me to another project. Believe me If I could keep it and play with both I would. Heck the stars might not align for me on this and I will pull it off the market who knows.
Old 09-19-2014, 01:07 AM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Hands down my all time favorite 28 single.. A very well thought out boat with some serious hardware !!

Love to have it myself and wish you the best bro. !!
Old 09-21-2014, 04:55 PM
Registered

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

I love running with Tomcei and his Pantera, wow what a clean and awesome rigg. His attention to detail is out of this world. What a great package.