Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Owners Forum > Pantera
Mike- Your leaving us Hanging >

Mike- Your leaving us Hanging

Notices

Mike- Your leaving us Hanging

Old 08-28-2002, 09:42 AM
hughandlinda

Question Mike- Your leaving us Hanging

You guys are all the same you keep us posted on the progress of your boat then get it and never post again(guess your to busy on the boat) Thunderdan did the same thing.
We all want to know i.e. your impression, speed, etc....

Well,,,,,,we're waiting(Ted Knight voice)

Old 08-28-2002, 06:52 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'm hanging just as much as you, I don't have it yet.
Old 08-28-2002, 07:10 PM
Registered

Whats the deal? When are you getting the boat. I cant wait for some pics on the water!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ron
Old 08-28-2002, 08:42 PM
hughandlinda

Mike not busting you, but I thought you would have had 20 hours already + an oil change. I'm sure it will be perfect when you get it. let us know

Old 08-29-2002, 05:45 AM
Member #9
Charter Member

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Mike, what's the deal? I thought she was going to get splashed last Saturday and that pics and performance would be posted. Don't tell me they ran into trouble?

I can only imagine the sleepless nights this past week.
Old 08-29-2002, 07:47 AM
Registered

Well here is what i know:

Jo called on Friday and said the boat was done but not trialed yet and he appologized up and down for not getting it there for the shootout. He said they were going to run it saturday and test some props and get it on the road.

Saturday night got an e-mail that the tests went good but he wanted to try a couple others and since it was taking so long they wouldn't charge me for painting the name on the boat or for shrink wrapping it. He also said he was trying some of the lab finished propes from the black race boat and if it ran best with a lab prop he would throw it in at no cost.

Monday Jo e-mailed and gave me an update on some more test and that they were going to try one more prop and labbed 28 and that the boat would be delivered to me this week so i would have it for Labor day weekend. I sent him directions to the marina and told him I was leaving town friday so I needed it by Thursday (today). He also said the ITS gave the boat a different feel and I asked him to elaborate, but I haven't heard back yet.

That's what I know, I e-mailed him yesterday morning and then called and left a message this morning.

So that is what I know to this point.
Old 08-29-2002, 08:45 AM
hughandlinda

So today's da day. I know Jo was busting it to get there for loto, they had 6 people working on it until 2 am. the boat is soo hot if they had it at loto they would have had orders for new boats this week.
Feels diff, I'm sure he's talking about tring to prop it correctly and how the boat trims out, let us know. The interior looks great, the sunpad came out perfect and the blue mirror on the 575 looks hot.
Have a great & safe weekend on the boat

Old 08-29-2002, 01:25 PM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Hey Guys,

Mikes 28 Pantera is leaving this afternoon so he may enjoy it this Labor Day weekend.I ran it yesterday one more time with a GPS on my hand and 2 people on board with approximately 50 gallons of fuel I got 76-78 MPH on GPS consistent in dead flat water and 95 degrees with 90 percent humidity.

The 575 SC is very sensetive to heat and humidity as according to Mercruiser between 10-12 percent power loss due to the hot weather.That is about 50-60 horsepower loss.

I am confident once the motor package breaks in a bit more with a good 1-2 foot chop and cooler temps. a real speed of 79 - 80 MPH can be seen on GPS.

I ran the boat out in 3-4 foot swells out in the ocean and the boat handled perfect with the ITS system.I actually ran the boat for about 5 minutes heading into the 3-4 waves and never put my hand on the wheel,just throttled with my right hand.

The best prop seems to be a labbed 28 Pitch 4 blade at 5100 RPM.

I am certain Mike will be impressed with the boat we have built for him.

Regards, JO
Old 08-29-2002, 01:43 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

JO,,,,what's the 411 on that 38 pantera hull/race boat being sold in the classifieds??? what's the complete story??? please email me. thanks
Old 08-29-2002, 02:09 PM
hughandlinda

Yea whats with that Joey it looks like you(audacity3)?

Quick Reply: Mike- Your leaving us Hanging

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.