New to the Family >

New to the Family

Notices

New to the Family

Old 06-26-2015, 04:30 AM
Registered

Received 410 Likes on 183 Posts

Originally Posted by LakeShakeFever
The swim platform is sick. It is built into several mounting points on the transom. The boat spent most of its life doing the Catalina ski race. I have the pole that mounts in the middle for pulling a skier. But now that the boat will be used for pleasure, it's time to make a stripper pole for the hole.

That swim platform is built to hold some thick a$$ strippers
Old 06-26-2015, 09:20 AM
Registered

Received 125 Likes on 57 Posts

Originally Posted by OCCJoe
.. 800HP in a non stepped 28 Pantera is going to run 85MPH . It takes 1000HP to hit the 100 mark in the Pantera . THE ONLY BRAVO BASSED DRIVE's THAT WILL HOLD that weight boat and power is the SCX or a Xpower . After 4 years and probably about 20K I've recorded on video and 3gps's 104 mph still only running 800HP N/A . But just to let you know my SB is only 7' beam and it is stepped .
In the end you throw enough power at any boat and you can make it fast , My reality check came when OuterLimits 29' hit 100mph with a 525 and 125mph with 850hp . That was the moment when I realized my hull really isn't that fast .
Well stated.. I would add that the few fast ones I've seen were still dragging a standard Bravo thru the water. If you turn an SCX gear set and drag that anchor then you will loose a few mph as well
Old 06-26-2015, 03:56 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I did not buy this boat to be the fastest in the water. I bought this boat because I have wanted a Pantera since I started boating. I like to be different and own a boat that you rarely see on the water. I would say I drive conservative and will do my best to make the drive last. What would you say the max power I can put in this boat to make a reliable package. It has a built XR with 2 hours on it.

Last edited by LakeShakeFever; 06-26-2015 at 06:36 PM.
Old 06-27-2015, 09:04 AM
Registered
Platinum Member

Received 15 Likes on 7 Posts

Sorry I was just responding to this

Originally Posted by LakeShakeFever
Do you think the claim of well over 110mph is possible. If so, could I own the fastest Pantera to date?
I have 800hp on a built XR . No hole shots , No hard turns under power , No wave jumping and it still has a fuse that has been lit waiting for the explosion . Unfortunately you said you want to be able to cruise at 75mph but that is just as hard on a drive in a 7000 pound boat with a single as all of the above . Just drive it ! If it breaks it breaks ! You can pick a spare up from 3-5k . do what I do , keep it in the garage so you can boat the next day or in the back of the truck on poker runs and events you go to and Rock ON .
I think I'll always want and love Pantera's also but unfortunately they haven't made and probably never will the one that perfect for me ..
Old 06-27-2015, 01:13 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

OCC, what ever happened to your 24?
Old 06-27-2015, 04:30 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

Received 15 Likes on 7 Posts

Still setting in the fiberglass building. After were done building the new top deck mold off of it I'm going to set the mark so high for the fastest 24 Pantera ever then I'm going to put stock power back in it and probably give it to my son.