going to look at the army boat

Notices

going to look at the army boat

Old 03-24-2016, 10:44 PM
Registered

Received 460 Likes on 244 Posts

even tho you can see the repaired area because the gel doesn't match,

i'd still like to see the pics of the damage

Last edited by outonsafari; 03-24-2016 at 11:08 PM.
Old 03-25-2016, 09:21 AM
Registered
Platinum Member

Received 15 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by slpcamaross97
I'm not one to mess up anyones sale on a boat . And despite all your other 24 options out there you still seem to be very interested in this particular Pantera and thats great . Maybe you like the race heritage or maybe you've just dreamed of yourself driving this boat and this is just the boat for you . But this repair is horrible . I wouldn't think that kind of work would come out of the Pantera factory even on their worst day . Not unless Pepe hired a crack head off the street and gave him a chance to do a repair . That was wet glass laid with no backing to keep it straight .
Maybe you are ok with waves on the boat but I couldn't have it . Thats $2500 to cut that repair out , lay and shape some core foam , reglass and repaint the side of the boat .
I do this for a living and I'll bet even if I did all the work myself . I couldn't get this boat in the water for less then 10K not counting motor and drive . Hell I went to the paint supply store yesterday and bought the materials for a boat I'm spraying this weekend and spent $2800 .

In the end you should always buy and build what makes you happy and thats all that really matters . But try to never set yourself up for failure with a pipe dream . To the best of my knowledge you've never stated why your even interested in this boat . If your just gonna motor it up , wrap it with a logo and race it well then this is probably the perfect boat for you just the way it sets .
Old 03-25-2016, 09:42 AM
Registered

Received 460 Likes on 244 Posts

whats so appealing to me is the boat is gel and i'ts on the trailer it left the factory with.
that made me think it was cared for

nothing wrong with paint, i'd do it if was necessary but paint scares me unless like a lot of rebuild threads it's photo documented

must be more to the story or more than one story as the wavy part is behind the initial hit

no real stated purpose other than no racing for me

thanks guys for the input and insight, i appreciate it.

Last edited by outonsafari; 03-25-2016 at 10:04 AM.