new to the list >

new to the list

Notices

new to the list

Old 09-23-2002, 09:08 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default new to the list

Hi guys! Just wanted to introduce myself to you. I am in the process of purchasing my first Pantera. I will be picking it up in the next few weeks. It is the former 38' apba race boat that was advertised in the classifieds about a month and 1/2 ago. I was fortunate enough to see it advertised in a local paper during a weekend trip to Ocean City Md and got a jump on most others who were interested in it. A week later I was on a planned vacation with my wife down to the Florida Keys and as fate would have it we flew in to Ft Lauderdale and we were able to stop in and visit the Pantera shop in North Miami. Got to meet Pepe and he gave us a tour of the factory. Seeing the early racing pics posted by Jo on the other email thread is really cool, but being at the factory is even better. Racing photo's on the walls, trophys on the desks and boats, boats, boats. The attention to details during the build up is fantastic - but you guys already know that. After meeting Pepe, seeing some terriffic pictures of this boat on the wall and discussing the rigging and history of this boat, my wife was starting to feel a little more comfortable with the purchase .... but she still thinks I'm nuts.
My present ride is a 1985 22' Avanti (fresh 454 this past winter) with an Arneson surface drive. I've had it for just over 10years and it was time to step up to a bigger boat.
I'll post some pics of it in a few weeks after I bring it home and certainly will have technical questions for the group. It needs motors and drives. Originally had #6's but I don't have the money to put them back in - so suggestions are welcome.
thanks
Lou
Old 09-23-2002, 09:40 PM
JGB
Registered

Good Luck with it ! Should be interesting watching that project unfold.
Old 09-23-2002, 09:42 PM
JGB
Registered

Did you know that boat was built from the Tommy Adams' Signature 38 molds? That is some offshore history you have in your hands there. I thought it was one of the best looking boats ever with that raised deck that lead to hustler' taking on the look that they did. Post some pictures as the project comes to life.
Old 09-25-2002, 08:46 PM
Registered

Received 730 Likes on 327 Posts

Pantera38,
Good luck with the purchase. Compared to some of the hulls minus power/drive I've seen for sale I'd say you got a great buy.
I considered it briefly but have a need for some form of cabin. Please post some pictures later.

ed
Old 09-26-2002, 02:52 PM
Registered

Welcome to the Pantera Family.

Nice purchase!!! * *
Old 09-26-2002, 03:27 PM
Registered

Very cool looking boat, congradulations. I too think it was a good deal. Keep us posted on the progress.
Old 09-26-2002, 07:47 PM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Hey Lou,

I am sorry I did not have a chance to meet you when you visited us here at the factory.I am sure my Father took care of you.

If there is anything I can help you with your new boat set up let me know.I ran that boat at Lake X over 115 MPH when it was powered with twin 1000 HP blower motors.

Glad to have you as a Pantera owner.

Regards, JO
Old 10-11-2002, 01:22 PM
Registered

Hi,
Here are a few pics I took of the boat the other day. I don't have any good detail pics yet, but hopefully in the near future, I'll take some more. Trailering this beast was an experience. I have towed my Avanti on a dual axle trailer before, as well as trailered a race car, but nothing as mammoth as this. The trailer is 50' long. The looks and comments that I received (while trailering) was amazing. I can't wait to get it rigged and in the water. No idea on which drives I'll use yet, but the one thing I know is that I will have to find them at a bargain price. The bank account is way low. :-)
Lou
Attached Thumbnails new to the list-side.jpg  
Old 10-11-2002, 01:24 PM
Registered

another
Attached Thumbnails new to the list-rear.jpg  
Old 10-11-2002, 01:25 PM
Registered

cockpit
Attached Thumbnails new to the list-cockpit.jpg  

Quick Reply: new to the list

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.