Factory Vs. Dealer Rigging >

Factory Vs. Dealer Rigging

Notices

Factory Vs. Dealer Rigging

Old 01-23-2003, 08:14 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Factory Vs. Dealer Rigging

Since several owners on this forum have purchased Pantera boats rigged by dealers and not the factory, I thought that this question should be asked.

How frequently does Pantera sell bare hulls to dealer or individuals for their own rigging? More in recent years, or in the past (just interested in US sales)? This would include complete rigging from installing the outdrives, steering, motors, guages, wiring, etc., as opposed to just installing the engine of the owners choice.

Rigging by the factory could and most often will be significantly different than rigging by a dealer or individual owner, and quite possibly could mean the installation of less superior parts or even used parts.

Just another issue to consider when searching for a used boat. At this point, any prospective used Pantera's that I would consider would include a phone call to the factory to find out for sure.

Thanks for any input.
Old 01-23-2003, 10:12 AM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Hey Lake Front,

Since 1996 we stopped selling hull and decks not rigged and completed by us here at the factory.

The reason we stopped selling hull and decks only was due for wiring work not being up to our standards, drive height would vary, and some performance would be lost.

I will sell complete boats to customers now rigged and completed by us here at the factory less motor if they have their own custom engine builder put something together for them.We prefer to drop the custom power and and prop it out and test before delivery to our customer.

Hope this answeres your questions.

Regards,

JO
Old 01-23-2003, 11:04 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks for the quick response.

Definitely answered my question or concerns.